Random Shutdowns Aspire 5733Z-4851

Tjames1952
Tjames1952 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited October 2021 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
“Random Shutdowns” for various Aspire Laptops.
The problem may or may not have anything to do with loose screws or BIOS updates.
Try replacing the 2032 battery located inside on the motherboard.  I think this will solve the issue.   Since changing the battery I have had seven hours of uninterrupted keyboard time.   Batteries don’t last forever and I had over 21 years in the IT industry repairing computer systems.

Best Answer

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Thanks for sharing this information. I'm also wondering how many volts did the old battery measure ?

Answers

• Tjames1952
    This Applies to Various Acer Model Laptops.  Mine is an Aspire 5733Z-4851.
    I am sure this simple fix will work just like it did in the old days when the BIOS info was held using a AA battery.
  • Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Thanks for sharing this information. I'm also wondering how many volts did the old battery measure ?

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @Tjames1952,

Try to do power drain,

1. Turn OFF the unit.
    2. Unplug the charger. 
    3. At the bottom there will be a tiny pin hole with battery sign close to it take a pin or paper clip and insert into it hold that button for 20-30 seconds. Then turn ON the unit and check.​

• Tjames1952
    My model of Acer Aspire 5733Z-4851 does NOT have a battery reset pinhole either through the frame or on the battery.
  • Tjames1952
    To Larryodie,  2032 disc batteries carry a 3 volt charge.
    When I checked the charge on the battery that I removed it was down to less than half of that.