second monitor characteristics not recognized correctly Travelmate P215-53G

mafigli
mafigli Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2021 in TravelMate and Extensa
Good morning,
I recently bought an Acer Travelmate P215-53G Laptop and, as I did for my old Acer Aspire 5750G Laptop, I connected it to a Dell 2009W auxiliary monitor with 1680x1050 resolution but the Travelmate, after recognizing it, gives it a resolution of 1024x768 and I can't get it to assume the correct resolution of 1680x1050.
What's it like? At the moment I am very disappointed.
I tried to reconnect the Dell 2009W to my old Acer Aspire 5750G Laptop and the latter recognizes it with the correct resolution. The problem is with the Travelmate. How can I solve?

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Likely the monitor is sending a malformed plug and play string for the resolutions supported. Check to see if Dall has a driver for it, that would have the correct info. 1024x768 (as with 800x600 and 640x480) are default resolutions when none are specified.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • mafigli
    mafigli Member Posts: 2 New User
    I solved it by buying an hdmi cable with dvi-d output. In doing so, the PC firmware has correctly detected the native resolution of the Dell monitor. I believe there is a firmware problem that on the vga connection does not detect the resolution of the monitor but applies a default one, which is incorrect.
    Thanks for your answer.