RAM upgrade Aspire E5-576G

Options
Triangle
Triangle Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hello, I have an Acer Aspire E5-576G Laptop with 8 GB of DDR3L 1300Mhz 1.35V Memory 
And i know that i can install another one of simillar modules for upgrade, but i was wondering if i can install some DDR4 memory?
that already sounds like it's not gonna work, but since i don't really know, i decided to ask. 
Thank you all in advance for your answers.

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,032 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Triangle said:
    Hello, I have an Acer Aspire E5-576G Laptop with 8 GB of DDR3L 1300Mhz 1.35V Memory 
    And i know that i can install another one of simillar modules for upgrade, but i was wondering if i can install some DDR4 memory?
    that already sounds like it's not gonna work, but since i don't really know, i decided to ask. 

Your laptop can take either DDR-3L or DDR-4 type memory. As you can see the DDR-4 is specified for this laptop by Acer which is either the DDR-4 2133 MHz soDIMM or the DDR-4 2400 MHz soDIMM as its max. Below is the memory specs that your laptop can have suggested by Acer from your laptops service guide:

Also and what I suggest is that you do a Crucial System Scanner that will give you all the memory and SSD drive upgrades for your PC that Crucial makes and is 100% correct for more up to date memory that will work with your laptop which could be faster than DDR4-2400MHz memory. Good luck and hope this helpsyou out.  

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,032 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Triangle said:

Your laptop can take either DDR-3L or DDR-4 type memory. As you can see the DDR-4 is specified for this laptop by Acer which is either the DDR-4 2133 MHz soDIMM or the DDR-4 2400 MHz soDIMM as its max. Below is the memory specs that your laptop can have suggested by Acer from your laptops service guide:

Also and what I suggest is that you do a Crucial System Scanner that will give you all the memory and SSD drive upgrades for your PC that Crucial makes and is 100% correct for more up to date memory that will work with your laptop which could be faster than DDR4-2400MHz memory. Good luck and hope this helpsyou out.  

• Triangle
    Triangle Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    StevenGen said:
    Triangle said:

Thank you very much! appreciate it.