Acer Acros 486 Based System - Replacement Case Parts

JK1984
JK1984 Member Posts: 2 New User
I know this is a long shot, but I purchased an Acer Acros from ebay but the case itself is missing a few pieces. 

Missing 1 case foot
Missing plastic badge on front of case that displays make and model number

I doubt Acer would have spare parts for an almost 30 year old desktop computer, so my next best option would be to try to maybe 3-D print replacements.  The case feet, i'm not too concerned about since I'd have the others to go from but that missing plastic badge would be an issue to try to 3-D print. Any one have any suggestions?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    The issue with printing the badge will not be getting it the right size and shape, it will be getting it to display an Acer Acros logo. Here is the blurb Acer sent out to announce them, here's an image of the tower version:
    httpsthumbsworthpointcomzoomimages11111713vintage-acer-acros-gaming-computer_1_4ca088b251f317ba16eb2e86de5150c7jpg
    and the desktop version:
    httpsthumbsworthpointcomzoomimages11061616acer-acros-486-dx2-66mhz-32mb-1gb_1_8e11bc099fa100f10e00fa923ac04c29jpg
    It looks like the logo was the same for each, and there were two different logos used.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JK1984
    JK1984 Member Posts: 2 New User
    A bit of an update.. I'm not going to go with the 3D printing route.  I know absolutely nothing about it and I'm certainly not going to purchase a printer for this. I reached out to a local 3D printing company and they got back with me earlier this evening with an estimate.. $400+ just to print the case feet alone. Not including the badge.

Nope! I'll just live with it until I find another Acros to pull parts from.

Unfortunately I can't get the images you linked to load. Says address is forbidden.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    Weird... They show up here fine.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.