How many nvme and RAM slots available in my A315-57G-56JZ and can I replace the display to a higher

sayuru98
sayuru98 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

I want to know how could i find the available number of ram slots and nvme slots in my aspire

A315-57G-56JZ and I need to know that can I upgrade the display panel of my lap from 15.6 HD to a 15.6 antiglare FHD screen and what are the technical specs of the available display. Pin and others?  Pls help me

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    One replaceable RAM socket. You can add up to one 16 GB DDR4 sodimm module 2666MHz or faster for a total of 20GB max RAM

One m.2 NVME socket. You can have up to 2TB m.2 NVME card or m.2 SATA3 card in this socket. NVME card will be about twice as fast as SATA3 card

One 2.5" SATA3 socket. You can have up to 2TB 2.5" SSD or HDD or Hybrid HDD in this socket

Three 30-pin FHD low glare LCDs shown below are recommended for this model. Other 30-pin FHD LCDs may also work if the physical dimensions are near those listed below

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    (1) An FHD IPS screen with slightly better viewing angles but less vivid colors. Probably not worth the risk of a firmware update which often cause side effects.

(2) One RAM socket has an irreplaceable sodimm soldered to the mainboard. The other socket should be a single empty replaceable RAM socket. However some production mainboards have either 0GB, 4GB or 8GB installed in the soldered irreplaceable RAM socket.  This means the maximum RAM possible for each mainboard is either 16GB, 20GB or 24GB respectively.

(3) Task manager Performanc tab should give the speed of the existing RAM which is limited by the mainboard RAM bus. For your model, the bus speed will likely be 1333MHz or effectively 2666MHz for double data rate DDR RAM. So you should install RAM with a frequency of 2666MHz or more. Higher speed RAM should automatically downshift to match the maximum frequency allowed by the mainboard bus.

(4) Yes, both GPUs support both HD and FHD screens.

(5) LCD panels and LED panels are the same. Almost all LiquidCrystalDisplays (LCDs) are lit up in the back with a few white light LightEmittingDiodes(LEDs). So LCD panels are also sometimes referred to as LED panels.There is another newer type of display called an OrganicLightEmittingDiodes(OLEDs). OLEDs are much higher priced because there are thousands of different colored OLEDs to light each colored picture element or pixel. For this reason, OLEDs are usually only found in smaller screens like in cell phones. Most current laptops are incompatible with OLED panels.

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    One replaceable RAM socket. You can add up to one 16 GB DDR4 sodimm module 2666MHz or faster for a total of 20GB max RAM

One m.2 NVME socket. You can have up to 2TB m.2 NVME card or m.2 SATA3 card in this socket. NVME card will be about twice as fast as SATA3 card

One 2.5" SATA3 socket. You can have up to 2TB 2.5" SSD or HDD or Hybrid HDD in this socket

Three 30-pin FHD low glare LCDs shown below are recommended for this model. Other 30-pin FHD LCDs may also work if the physical dimensions are near those listed below

Jack E/NJ

• sayuru98

Tinkerer

JackE said:

Thank you Jack for the detailed explanation. I need to know another few facts. If u are willing to provide some answers.
     1. I saw on the drivers' page for my device there's a bios revision saying it supports a sharp branded (

Support SHARP LQ156M1JW01 panel.) , what is it and can I install that display also?

2. I'm not clear with that above ' replaceable one ram slot' Does this device have 2 slots which a one is already occupied with factory issued 8GB Ram and one empty slot which I can install another stick up to 16GB or is there only one slot which is occupied with the *GB ram and when upgrading do I have to remove that *GB and install a new one?

3. when upgrading ram, should I choose the new one to tally with the speed of the already available ram? and how can I find the speed of this available ram inside the laptop? and what is the optimum and maximum speed of ram I can install on this PC?

4. This model came with a 1366*768 resolution display, so is it okay to upgrade the resolution with a new FHD panel? \

5. Can't I have a LED panel on this laptop instead of LCD ?

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    (1) An FHD IPS screen with slightly better viewing angles but less vivid colors. Probably not worth the risk of a firmware update which often cause side effects.

(2) One RAM socket has an irreplaceable sodimm soldered to the mainboard. The other socket should be a single empty replaceable RAM socket. However some production mainboards have either 0GB, 4GB or 8GB installed in the soldered irreplaceable RAM socket.  This means the maximum RAM possible for each mainboard is either 16GB, 20GB or 24GB respectively.

(3) Task manager Performanc tab should give the speed of the existing RAM which is limited by the mainboard RAM bus. For your model, the bus speed will likely be 1333MHz or effectively 2666MHz for double data rate DDR RAM. So you should install RAM with a frequency of 2666MHz or more. Higher speed RAM should automatically downshift to match the maximum frequency allowed by the mainboard bus.

(5) LCD panels and LED panels are the same. Almost all LiquidCrystalDisplays (LCDs) are lit up in the back with a few white light LightEmittingDiodes(LEDs). So LCD panels are also sometimes referred to as LED panels.There is another newer type of display called an OrganicLightEmittingDiodes(OLEDs). OLEDs are much higher priced because there are thousands of different colored OLEDs to light each colored picture element or pixel. For this reason, OLEDs are usually only found in smaller screens like in cell phones. Most current laptops are incompatible with OLED panels.

Jack E/NJ

• sayuru98

Tinkerer

JackE said:

JackE said:

Thanks a lot Mr. Jack for your detailed explanation. It helped me a lot to clear the mess.