RAM upgrade for Aspire 3 A315-57G

Jsonmister
Jsonmister Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2021 in Aspire Laptops
I'm about to upgrade my laptop's  Aspire 3 A315-57G RAM to 20GB and ordered one from Kingston online via a well-known online store in my country. The one I ordered is the model KVR26S19S8/16 as that's the only RAM available in the store that's almost similar to the specs of my laptop's soldered RAM apart from its size. But when I checked Kingston's official site later on, it says there that the model compatible for my laptop is the KCP426SS8/16 model. I checked their specs but it seems that their specs are the same (DDR4 2666MHz Non-ECC Unbuffered SODIMM CL19 1RX8 1.2V 260-pin 16Gbit). Are there any difference between these 2 models? The KCP4 one isn't available from my country's official store and I don't really want to order one from other sketchy looking stores.

Edit: Sorry about the category. I don't know why this posted under Windows 10. I don't know how to change it.

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Likely little or no difference. KVR is Kingston's generic usually cheaper ValueRam. KCP RAM has allegedly been tested or selected for Compatibility with your ACER model.

Jack E/NJ