Need Acer Veriton VM4640G motherboard PSU pinout

Options
Bradys
Bradys Member Posts: 3 New User
This computer currently has power supply "LITE-ON PS-3221-1AB" 220W Active PFC 110-127v/220-240v , single-rail design. This PSU has 12 pin power + 4 pin connectors. Name plate shows output +12v=18A max, -12v=0.3A max, 5Vsb=2.5A max. This power supply is no longer available so I need to use an ATX power supply and a 24 pin to 12 pin connector.

Is the motherboard pin out available to know which of the 12 pins requires what voltage? The motherboard has "MIQ17L-Hulk MB", 14065-1, 348 02803 0011 etched on it.

I have purchased the 24 to 12 pin adapter and looks correct, though there is a red wire on adapter that is not on existing power supply.
Also, when the new ATX PSU is installed, are internal hard drives & CD/DVD to run using the new PSU power cables or the existing ones coming from the motherboard?

Answers

• Bradys
    Options
    Sorry, the computer is an Acer Veriton VM4640G (2 of them) tower computer.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,520 Trailblazer
    Options
    There were three different (actually more like six when you consider different vendors making the same part) power supplies for your system. A 220W like you have, a 300W and a 500W. The Acer part numbers are: DC.22018.00A, DC.2201B.00C, DC.30018.002, DC.3001C.002, DC.3001C.003 and DC.50018.001. Guess which are 220, 300 or 500W? :) All of those should still be available on the secondary market, along with third party replacements. The 12-pin connectors use the normal ATX color scheme, here's a diagram I copied from another forum:

Name  bG3mdWypngViews 4872Size  1668 KB
    You don't want that jumper from PS-ON to GND shown on his 24 pin unless you want to have the machine always on, since grounding that signal is what turns the PSU on.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Bradys
    Options
    billsey...Thank you for info and nice pun on smart part numbers & note about jumper wire to be determined.
    Also, IF a 12 pin PSU is not available, when a new 24 pin ATX PSU is installed, are internal hard drives & CD/DVD powered using this new PSU power rail cables OR use the existing ones coming from the motherboard & just cable manage the ones from new PSU?
    Existing power cables from motherboard to internal devices are circled in Blue.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,520 Trailblazer
    Options
    You can go either way. I'd be tempted to just continue using the same power as you have now. Note that the power coming in on your connector doesn't have any +5V lines (red wires), yet the SATA power connectors do. That's because they are generating that power on the motherboard from the +12V being provided in the yellow wires. You should get nice stable power to the drives using the motherboard connectors, and if the PSU have SATA power connectors it will also give you nice stable power...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • PowerMac
    PowerMac Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hello Bradys, would you be so kind as to tell me which adapter you bought? I have two of these boards here and the 300W power supply is already reaching its limits in the basic configuration. However, I have been retired for several years and my eyesight is not very good, so billsey's picture is not clear to me. I looked for suitable adapters, but none of them seemed to fit and before I send my boards to Nivana for my own tests, reliable information would be very helpful for me and all other users with the same problem.
    Thank you very much in advance!
    PowerMac

This discussion has been closed.