XBU271HU USB ports.

Options
JohnDoe123
JohnDoe123 Member Posts: 4 New User
I have the XBU271HU monitor, but the USB ports do not work. It is connected to the DP port on my computer. I don't know if it only works with HDMI. If someone knows please help me out. 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    Do you have the cable that runs between the USB-B port on the monitor and a USB-A port on the computer connected? You need that in order for the hub to work.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • alberto_m
    alberto_m Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi, I have the exact same issue with a XB273UGS monitor. The monitor is connected using a display port cable. I don't understand which port is type A/B in order to connect it to the PC. Can someone help?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    The USB hub on the monitor needs to have a USB cable that runs between the computer and monitor to drive it. That cable is likely a USB-B on the monitor side and USB-A on the computer side. Note that the design of the USB-B port has changed between the old USB 2.0 and the newer USB 3.0. Look on the back of your monitor to see which yours is. The proper cable should have shipped with the monitor.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.