How can I restore OEM Windows without the recovery partition? - Aspire 5755g

Options
SujayGiri2009
SujayGiri2009 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited October 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hi.
Just fixed my Aspire 5755g myself.
But... The recovery partition is not there but I want to restore the OEM Windows that came with it. 
It would be great if anyone helps me. 

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Best Answer

• SujayGiri2009

Tinkerer

edited November 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    Thank you for your suggestions @JackE, I was able to restore my machine to Windows 7 using the Acer eRecovery media.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,691 Trailblazer
    Options
    If you live in the US or Canada, the OEM Win7 recovery USB media might still be available from ACER store at this link.

If not, you can request OEM Win7 recovery from an ACER service center near your location. 

If you're still unable to get a copy, you can make a generic Win7 recovery USB at this link.

You would then download any ACER specific device drivers needed from this link.

Jack E/NJ

• SujayGiri2009

Tinkerer

Options
    Thank you, JackE. I will try to purchase the acer eRecovery media.

• JackE
    Options
    Good luck. You can also install Win10 on this old laptop but it might run slower. Win10 can be set up to look and behave similar to Win7 plus regular updates & support should continue for many years.

Jack E/NJ

• SujayGiri2009

Tinkerer

edited November 2021
    Options
    Windows 10 had a lot of issues in this laptop. Windows 8.1 might be fine. but Windows 7 is better in every aspect. 8.1 has a dirty UI, So I guess that I stay with Windows 7. Also, I am planning to buy a new laptop so I won't keep it for long.
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>Windows 10 had a lot of issues in this laptop.>>>

Windows 10 also has a lot of issues with some brand new laptops!!! =)

Jack E/NJ

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Options
    JackE said:
    >>>Windows 10 had a lot of issues in this laptop.>>>

Windows 10 also has a lot of issues with some brand new laptops!!! =)
    *** Windows 11 enters the conversation, clearing its throat ***

Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • JackE
    Options
    Yeah. I was gonna say 'not even to mention Win11'. Which I originally thought was supposed to Win10 22H1. Now for the two big unanswered questions:

(1) Should the current versions of Win11 & Win10 also be known as 21H2 & 21H2 respectively just to make things clear for everybody?
    (2) Why do Windows users still like Win7 better?

Jack E/NJ

• SujayGiri2009

Tinkerer

Options
    The latest version of Windows 10 blue screened everytime whatever I do. Also I always like Windows 7 because, it is one of the most beautiful OSes ever. And it is not awful as Windows 8 or 10 (or 11).

• JackE
    Options
    >>> Also I always like Windows 7 because, it is one of the most beautiful OSes ever. And it is not awful as Windows 8 or 10 (or 11).>>>

I agree. That's why my PCs now mainly run LinuxMint Cinnamon which can be easily set up to have nearly the same look, feel, function & simplicity of Windows 7 only faster especially on older laptops like yours. :)

Jack E/NJ

• SujayGiri2009

Tinkerer

Options
    I think Windows 7 is fine (for now) the Aspire 5755g will be my daily driver until I buy a new laptop very soon.
  • SujayGiri2009

Tinkerer

edited November 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    Thank you for your suggestions @JackE, I was able to restore my machine to Windows 7 using the Acer eRecovery media.
  • JackE
    Options
    Congratulations! Thanks for reporting back. :)

Jack E/NJ