R271 with VGA>DVI adapter being very glitchy.

Pomze
Pomze Member Posts: 2 New User
Hello, i bought R271 monitor as a second screen to watch youtube and do all those less important tasks. I have VGA>DVI adapter to get it connected with GTX 1050. Problem is that the screen is very glitchy. It's blurry with very low quality and sometimes has other hiccups. I updated GTX drivers and monitor drivers, checked if cables are properly connected and monitor refresh rate is set the same in Windows settings. Any help please?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Could be a bad adapter or bad cable, that's not all that unusual to have one of the other being glitchy.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Pomze
    Pomze Member Posts: 2 New User
    billsey said:
    Could be a bad adapter or bad cable, that's not all that unusual to have one of the other being glitchy.
    Somehow it fixed itself when i was switching between monitor profiles, finally the glitches got VHS-tier bad and suddenly it all disappeared. No idea how or why but it worked.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Heheh, at least it is working, even if we have no idea why. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.