PredatorSYNC is stuck in updating - Predator PO5-625s

Niles
Niles Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited October 2021 in Predator Desktops
I bought my Predator PO5-625s a couple of weeks ago, however, PredatorSYNC stopped working over a week ago.
I get a window telling me not to turn off my system, but it never finishes, so I've had to disobey on multiple occasions. The window can't be closed or moved, nor is there any other indication of it being open, than task manager saying so. My computer is now also stuck on this dull shade of purple, which kind of bums me out, since I was looking forward to syncing it with my keyboard.

So far I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software, with no success.

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Does the window show up when rebooting with PredatorSYNC uninstalled? If so it's not really getting uninstalled... If you can get booted with it not there, do all the Windows Updates queued up, reboot again and then reinstall it.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Niles

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    Does the window show up when rebooting with PredatorSYNC uninstalled? If so it's not really getting uninstalled... If you can get booted with it not there, do all the Windows Updates queued up, reboot again and then reinstall it.
    Alright, tried that a while ago, waited some 20min to be sure, but still same issue.
  • Niles

Tinkerer

I tried running the app as admin, and a white window opened up. When trying to close the window, the following message showed:  
  • billsey
    Can you take a picture of the problem window itself?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Niles

Tinkerer

Oh it seems to have been deleted when the post was edited, but here ya go!

• billsey
    OK, in Task Manager under the Details tab, is PredatorRGB.exe running? Does it show any sub-tasks?
  • Niles

Tinkerer

Only this.

• billsey
    Try killing the task from there, then look in Services to see if there's anything in that that might be affecting it.
  • Niles

Tinkerer

I looked at the list in Services for quite a while, but don't know enough about computers to know what would affect it, nor did I find anything that directly mentioned PredatorSYNC.

However, I tried troubleshooting the program, and my computer said the application was made for win 8, and I've got win 11 since it was included with my computer purchase.
  • billsey
    Yeah, I don't they were even offering RGB versions of Predator back in the Windows 8 days... I'm starting to draw a blank on this one, have you tried contacting Acer Support yet?
  • Niles

Tinkerer

I've tried to contact them by email, but when put in my info, the site says that there already is an account with that email (duh?), and when I try to log in, I get the following error message:

• Niles

Tinkerer

can't.billsey said:
    Yeah, I don't they were even offering RGB versions of Predator back in the Windows 8 days... I'm starting to draw a blank on this one, have you tried contacting Acer Support yet?
    And if I send an email without logging in, there's no button to send the question with. 

Furthermore, if I answer yes where they ask if you're having problems with an item you already own, they ask for serial number, but when I paste it in, nothing happens when I press validate.

Really horrible customer experience, just stuck in a limbo.

I really appreciate you trying to help though, it's been a light in the darkness , to have someone try to help me when people who are getting paid for it

• Muhammad_ORION
    Muhammad_ORION Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited November 2021
    try this
    right click on the shortcut->Properties->Compatibility->Run this program in Compatibility mode for: WINDOWS 8 and check 'Run this program as Administrator'.
    this should work
  • billsey
    Is there a chance you are trying to contact support from the wrong country site? Make sure you are on the right one for your computer. For instance if you try to put a serial number for a UK machine on the USA site it will fail.
  • Niles

Tinkerer

try this
    right click on the shortcut->Properties->Compatibility->Run this program in Compatibility mode for: WINDOWS 8 and check 'Run this program as Administrator'.
    this should work
    Tried this, didn't work :c
  • Niles

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    Is there a chance you are trying to contact support from the wrong country site? Make sure you are on the right one for your computer. For instance if you try to put a serial number for a UK machine on the USA site it will fail.
    Still got the same issue, for some reason I get the weird error code. The whole site is a bit confusing.
  • Niles

Tinkerer

Also, if I try to change the country to my own, nothing happens, just refreshes it.
  • billsey
    Which country are you in? You should be able to select a locale from here: https://www.acer.com/worldwide/
  • Niles

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    Which country are you in? You should be able to select a locale from here: https://www.acer.com/worldwide/
    Finland, but I keep getting redirected to Nordics.
  • Niles

Tinkerer

And to be clear, when I still continued on nordics, I insert my SN, and press validate, and nothing happens. As if the button was broken.