Aspire ES 14 ES1-432-C651 -Acer recovery disk iso

SteveEE
SteveEE Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited October 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hi,
I have an Aspire ES 14 ES1-432-C651 laptop with Windows 10 preloaded on to it. I brought this approximately 3 years back. I did not get any ACER recovery disc with it, or probably misplaced it. During a linux installation, something went wrong with the boot, and the the laptop just starts at "automatic repair". Factory restore/reset is also not working in the blue diagnostic screen. I am hoping to set everything back to how it was using an ACER recovery disc. I cannot find the ISO anywhere and the download section at ACER says my warranty period is over and is not accepting the SNID number any more. Where can I get an ACER recovery iso?

Thanks

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Best Answer

• SteveEE

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Thank you all. It has been resolved.
    1. I used Linux live boot CD and went to GPARTED and saw unallocated space between EFI drive and C drive. I converted that into Ext4. And formatted all other drives as NTFS clean, except the last one that held acer recovery files.
    2. I booted into Windows installation USB following the steps tttt mentioned
    3. Formatted the EFI 150 MB drive as well clean and fresh
    4. Installed Windows
    5. Rebooted - all normal - continued and completed the installation
    6. Windows 10 fully installed, ready, activated

Only problem now is that when pressing alt+10, the Acer recovery menu does not show up any more (although the drive holding Acer recovery files/OS remains intact)

7. Installed Acer Care center(I had saved it already). There is option to create factory restore USB. Did that also.

All good. Thank you all.

Answers

• SteveEE

Please visit the website - support.acer.com - chose your country - click on shop.   scroll down -  click on eRecovery media on the bottom of page.   Enter the snid no - you can place the order for recovery media.   It might be a set of disks or recovery usb flash drive.    Alternatively,  on the top right corner you can find the phone no to contact Acer store.    You can also order it from Acer store. 

Recovery media is a unique media which is designed only for your computer.    It cannot be used on any other computer.    It comes with drivers and applications which is designed for your computer.   

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• SteveEE

Tinkerer

Hi, thanks.  I clicked on the store. It is for the Philippines. I am able to see only drivers and downloads/bios etc. No ercovery media. Could you post the direct link for this please?
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @SteveEE

When bootup, during black screen, hold down Alt key ( or Fn+ALT keys) and keep tapping the F10 until you see the the Restore Menu. This is based on your laptop has the recovery partition on the HDD/SSD. You probably do not have that if the laptop came with separate recovery disc.

If you can reach Restore Menu:

Troubleshoot>Reset This PC (Choose to keep files or remove everything)
    You will get it to factory release condition. All Win 10 updates will need to be redo again.

If your laptop has no recovery partition, and cannot get to Restore Menu , then use a fresh Windows install:

Prepare a 8 GB flash drive in Fat32 format
    Go to Microsoft site and download the Media Creation Tool and get the latest Win 10 at the same time, choose to download 64 or 32 bit version conform to what was on your PC originally. The latest Win 10 installer ( I believe it is 21H1 version) should be created to the flash drive.

When bootup again, hold down Fn key and keep tapping F12 key to reach boot menu, select to boot from this 8 GB flash drive

After bootup, Win 10 will ask you for product key. Just answer "I don't have a product key". Win 10 will automatically recognize your digital license from the motherboard.
    Continue with Win 10 activations

You are good to go.

• SteveEE

Tinkerer

edited October 2021
    Thank you for this ttttt. I did all of the above steps
    1. Booted from Windows 10 DVD that I created from ISO using windows media creation tool
    2. Went through the installation process, formatted the C drive where previous windows was installed  until the process completed and said to reboot again
    3. It went into a blue screen at reboot - "your device ran into a problem and we need to restart" below a QR code and a 101 initlization error

It is stuck at that.

• SteveEE

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Thank you all. It has been resolved.
    1. I used Linux live boot CD and went to GPARTED and saw unallocated space between EFI drive and C drive. I converted that into Ext4. And formatted all other drives as NTFS clean, except the last one that held acer recovery files.
    2. I booted into Windows installation USB following the steps tttt mentioned
    3. Formatted the EFI 150 MB drive as well clean and fresh
    4. Installed Windows
    5. Rebooted - all normal - continued and completed the installation
    6. Windows 10 fully installed, ready, activated

Only problem now is that when pressing alt+10, the Acer recovery menu does not show up any more (although the drive holding Acer recovery files/OS remains intact)

7. Installed Acer Care center(I had saved it already). There is option to create factory restore USB. Did that also.

All good. Thank you all.
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @SteveEE

Thanks for reporting back of the solution.

Originally, I thought if you have not deleted or formatted the Recovery Partition that ALT+F10 recovery function should be there. Guess the Win 10 installation wiped out the whole drive.

So far I have not tried to do Windows installation just to a partition ( like using Gparted  in Linux , you can do it), and not the whole drive. If so, the Recovery partition will not be erased.

Will bookmark this thread, this may be helpful for others in the future.