Acer Veriton stuck on Acer logo screen - Acer Veriton R1603

MrNitro
MrNitro Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited October 2021 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
Hi, I've owned an Acer Veriton for 2-3 years give or take with no issue. That is however until today when I somehow ended up stuck on the black screen with the Acer logo.

Now for the past couple days after the last windows update I noticed my computer was having trouble connecting to the internet. I normally was able to solve this just by restarting my PC. However earlier today I noticed another problem where no matter where I clicked none of my programs would respond or open. Thing this had something to do with the prior problem I decided to restart my computer manually only to find when I booted it up I was stuck on the logo screen.

Please if anyone can help me please do, I have art and documents on there accumulated over five years. 

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Answers

• Erick-Acer_Retired
    Erick-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 503 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    edited November 2021
     Hi @ MrNitro
    Could you please tell me model name of unit 
  • MrNitro

Tinkerer

Hi @ MrNitro
    Could you please tell me modern name of unit 
    It's an Acer Veriton R1603
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    I find no Veriton R1603 model... I find various Veriton B,D,K, M N, S, T, X and Z models, but no R. :(
    Where exactly does it get stuck when booting? Does it get to the place where the Windows balls are juggling or is it stuck prior to that? Do you get the 'Press F2 for BIOS Menu' test displayed? Do you hear any beeps during the boot?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • MrNitro

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    I find no Veriton R1603 model... I find various Veriton B,D,K, M N, S, T, X and Z models, but no R. :(
    Where exactly does it get stuck when booting? Does it get to the place where the Windows balls are juggling or is it stuck prior to that? Do you get the 'Press F2 for BIOS Menu' test displayed? Do you hear any beeps during the boot?
    It gets stuck before the windows balls on the black screen with the green Acer logo and various bios related options in the bottom left corner. None of the options appear to work and when iI turn it on the PC makes a beep.
  • Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,426 Supercomputer Wrangler WiFi Icon
    edited October 2021
    Isn't one BEEP, a memory issue (SSM's) ?
    Is R1603 the correct model number ????
  • MrNitro

Tinkerer

Larryodie said:
    Isn't one BEEP, a memory issue (SSM's) ?
    Is R1603 the correct model number ????
    Is it?, I've never had experience with this kind of thing. And how do I find the correct model number when I can't get past the manufacturers logo screen?
  • Larryodie
    It should be on a label on the physical computer case.

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @MrNitro

To get model number: In Win 10 Task Bar search field, type: system information. If you cannot boot to Windows, when bootup , keep tapping the F2 ( or hold down Fn key and keep tapping F2 key), this will bring you to the BIOS page. Your system info will be on the first tab of the BIOS.

When bootup, did you get a single long beep or just the regular short beep? If one long beep, it is the memory problem.

If you think the problem caused by Windows updates, you can revert it. Try the following steps.

When bootup, while still in black screen, hold down ALt+Fn keys ( or just the Alt key) and keep tapping the F10 key until you see the Restore Menu.

Troubleshoot->Advanced Options->Uninstall updates ( or if you have a previously stored restore point use the System Restore here).

See if this can help you revert the updates.

• MrNitro

Tinkerer

edited October 2021
    ttttt said:
    @MrNitro

To get model number: In Win 10 Task Bar search field, type: system information. If you cannot boot to Windows, when bootup , keep tapping the F2 ( or hold down Fn key and keep tapping F2 key), this will bring you to the BIOS page. Your system info will be on the first tab of the BIOS.

When bootup, did you get a single long beep or just the regular short beep? If one long beep, it is the memory problem.

If you think the problem caused by Windows updates, you can revert it. Try the following steps.

When bootup, while still in black screen, hold down ALt+Fn keys ( or just the Alt key) and keep tapping the F10 key until you see the Restore Menu.

Troubleshoot->Advanced Options->Uninstall updates ( or if you have a previously stored restore point use the System Restore here).

See if this can help you revert the updates.

I can't get to either of those and the beep is a short one.
  • MrNitro

Tinkerer

Wait I did manage to get on to the Bios Setup Utility and after some looking around I noticed the Boot Priority Order might be out of order. Is it supposed to look like like this?.

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @MrNitro,

It looks like hardware issue. Contact acer tech support,

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact

OR book the unit for repair service,

https://customerselfcare.acer.com/CS2/#/

• Larryodie
    edited October 2021
    MrNitro said:
    Wait I did manage to get on to the Bios Setup Utility and after some looking around I noticed the Boot Priority Order might be out of order. Is it supposed to look like like this?.

Looks OK to me. Hopefully you have your Systems DVD and or an USB Boot You have to change the boot order to boot from either rescue device.
      https://www.mychoicesoftware.com/blogs/support/change-bios-to-boot-from-usb-or-cd-dvd

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    That BIOS setting is for Windows 7 or earlier. Which OS was installed when the machine was new and which OS is installed now? If it came with W8 or later than those settings should be UEFI instead of Legacy. If your machine is only two to three years old the drive will be GPT not MBR and Legacy will not work.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • adolphnoble
    adolphnoble Member Posts: 3 New User
    MrNitro said:

Please how did you manage to get to the bios page?
  • ttttt
    @adolphnoble

Keep tapping the Delete key when bootup while it is still a black screen, and you will enter the BIOS main page. There are other tabs within the BIOS for different settings.
  • adolphnoble
    adolphnoble Member Posts: 3 New User
    ttttt said:
    @adolphnoble

Keep tapping the Delete key when bootup while it is still a black screen, and you will enter the BIOS main page. There are other tabs within the BIOS for different settings.
    I have been doing that but it will only show you entering Bios setup and stuck there.
  • ttttt
    @adolphnoble

Oh no! Seemed to be bad BIOS problem. I'll suggest open up the PC abd take out the CR2032 battery, leaving it out for more than two hours ( or replace a new one) anf then put back and restart.

If problem persists, time to replace motherboard or BIOS.