What can I do with my fans?

Options
Tjun
Tjun Member Posts: 3 New User
I've bought this pc a few months ago, and everything is working fine. But it makes a loud noise with simple games, and even when I am not gaming. What options are there to make it quiet?

Answers

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    @Tjun

Clean dust inside the PC, the fans area and the vents in particular. Take out the fan and do a new thermal pasting. 

If problem persists, replace the fans too.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,816 Trailblazer
    Options
    There are also plenty of threads here where people have replaced the stock fans with quieter versions. Although even that won't fix fan noise if you have a bunch of crud building up on them. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Tjun
    Options
    billsey said:
    There are also plenty of threads here where people have replaced the stock fans with quieter versions. Although even that won't fix fan noise if you have a bunch of crud building up on them. :)
    But is the pc more silent?
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    @Tjun

Some fanes are more quiet. Sometimes manufacturers will show the noise rating in DB values. Something in the low 20s db is very quiet.

If you are satisfied with the noisy  level, then everything is fine, keep enjoying your PC.
  • Tjun
    Options
    Alright, thank you.