CPU Running on Max Speed Once Connected to AC nitro-5-an515-45

Options
YMIAL8290
YMIAL8290 Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
edited October 2021 in Nitro Gaming
So recently I asked a question about the sudden rise of CPU temperature in my laptop once connected to AC. Here's the link: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/650769/sudden-cpu-temperature-rises-in-nitro-5-an515-45-r7qr-once-charging#latest
I've found out the problem that why the CPU temperature rises is because the CPU is running on max frequency once I connected the laptop to AC, even though I'm just using the laptop for light tasking such as web browsing. Is this normal? And if it's not, is there any way to slow down my CPU and only run it on max speed when needed just like how in battery mode?

*Already using Balanced power plan with minimum processor state 5%*

Specs:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H
Nvidia GTX1650
16GB ram
512GB SSD
1TB HDD

Best Answers

• YMIAL8290
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You know what... I turned on the Hardware Acceleration GPU Scheduling in Windows 10 settings which I also forget when I turned it off, reboot, and bam, the CPU temperature returned back to below 60°C even without setting the Maximum processor state to 99% when plugged in.
  • Mrmigs08
    Mrmigs08 Member Posts: 29 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options
    This will be caused by the boost system and the fan curve, CPU plugged in and at good temperature will give you the full state of its performance, the CPU technically overclocks(boost) for long and short periods to give enhanced performance this is why you get bursts of your high speed fan,

You can limit the amount of boosting or set custom fan curve in the nitro software to lock fan on one level if your not doing heavy tasks, turning off the coolboost mode will also make the fans quieter.

Answers

• AltamashMK9
    AltamashMK9 Member Posts: 88 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    Changing the minimum limit won't do anything, Drop the maximum limit of plugged in to 99% or lower than that to fix that issue 👍
  • YMIAL8290
    Options
    Changing the minimum limit won't do anything, Drop the maximum limit of plugged in to 99% or lower than that to fix that issue 👍
    I see, I changed the maximum processor state to 99% and AMD power slider to "Better performance" in the power plan. Then, I need to slide the power slider in the battery icon to "Better performance" too. Now the CPU frequency returned back to about 3GHz and CPU temperature returned back to about 50°C. The CPU will run back on max frequency when I slide the power slider in the battery icon to "Best performance".
  • AltamashMK9
    AltamashMK9 Member Posts: 88 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    I'd suggest putting it on power saver even on plugged in when you are doing basic work
  • YMIAL8290
    Options
    I'd suggest putting it on power saver even on plugged in when you are doing basic work
    You mean the power plan?
  • YMIAL8290
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You know what... I turned on the Hardware Acceleration GPU Scheduling in Windows 10 settings which I also forget when I turned it off, reboot, and bam, the CPU temperature returned back to below 60°C even without setting the Maximum processor state to 99% when plugged in.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you tell if this issue occurred after any bios update?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • YMIAL8290
    Options
    Can you tell if this issue occurred after any bios update?
    No, I didn't perform any bios update since I started using this laptop on August.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Try resetting the battery: disable fast startup in the power options, turn off the computer, unplug the power adapter, press the power button for thirty seconds, and leave the laptop off for half an hour. Then check if the problem still occurs.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • YMIAL8290
    Options
    Try resetting the battery: disable fast startup in the power options, turn off the computer, unplug the power adapter, press the power button for thirty seconds, and leave the laptop off for half an hour. Then check if the problem still occurs.
    I already solved the problem by turning on the Hardware Acceleration GPU Scheduling. But thanks for your recommendation.
  • Mrmigs08
    Mrmigs08 Member Posts: 29 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options
    This will be caused by the boost system and the fan curve, CPU plugged in and at good temperature will give you the full state of its performance, the CPU technically overclocks(boost) for long and short periods to give enhanced performance this is why you get bursts of your high speed fan,

You can limit the amount of boosting or set custom fan curve in the nitro software to lock fan on one level if your not doing heavy tasks, turning off the coolboost mode will also make the fans quieter.
  • YMIAL8290
    Options
    Mrmigs08 said:

Okay, noted that, thanks.