Acer Aspire xc895 i3 DVD drive

confusedlouise
confusedlouise Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2021 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
Please can anyone help? 
Whatever I do, I can't find out if there is one, or how to open the DVD drive?

I've tried so many things, as seen on YouTube etc etc etc

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Hello!!

@confusedlouise

I understand that you are unable to open the DVD drive in the desktop. For your information,  Aspire XC-895 does NOT have Optical Disc Drive [CD-DVD Drive]. 

You can see the 
    Aspire XC-895 complete specification by clicking here

Hope this Helps. 

Regards, 
    Balatekie
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @confusedlouise

According to the spec, there should be a DVD drive with your XC-895. At the front of the PC at the middle line and about 3-9 inches from the top there is a slot/DVD drive tray plate. This is the slim DVD drive. At that slot there is a small button about 1mm x 1 cm. Press this small button in and the DVD drive tray will open if the electrical connectors are connected properly.

This DVD drive tray is super flimsy, so handle with care.

If you still cannot find it, send a photo for the front of the PC and let's determine from the photo.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Part of the confusion is that some SKUs have one and some do not. We really need to know more about the machine... The UK model Balatekie links to doesn't have one, yet this US model does.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • DS549
    DS549 Member Posts: 32 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    edited October 2021
    To add to the confusion there is a UK version that comes with a DVD drive:

• confusedlouise
    confusedlouise Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited October 2021
    Thank you to all of you that have replied.
    There's absolutely nothing on the outside of the disk drive. I've now bought an external CD/DVD writer/reader disk.
    Thanks again 👍👍
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    I think they have versions in most markets both with and without. The ones without will sell for slightly less and attract customers with the bottom line as their bottom line. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.