Travel Mate P-214 series Issue

AllenDaGreat
AllenDaGreat Member Posts: 1 New User
After I install the latest Update for my Travel Mate P-214 Series i5 The screen went black (off) but the power was still on . My device was only 1 month and 5 days old. I went to a service center they said that the warranty was void because the seal was partially damage and it was placed in the wrong spot. Tell me how can you help me? :( I send an email and until now no response coming from this company?

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Hello!!

@AllenDaGreat

I understand that you are experiencing Hardware issue with 1 month old unit. Normally Acer provides 1 year warranty on the unit. Also Acer do not have any authorized or local repair center. 

To check options, I recommend you to directly contact Acer Technical Support in your region and they will help you with all information. 

Hope this helps you. 

Regards, 
    Balatekie
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    AllenDaGreat,

Try to do power drain,

1. Turn OFF the unit.
    2. Unplug the charger. 
    3. At the bottom there will be a tiny pin hole with battery sign close to it take a pin or paper clip and insert into it hold that button for 20-30 seconds. Then turn ON the unit and check.​

• Awalker97
    Awalker97 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I'm having the same issue , I updated last night to the new windows update , it had Half a battery opened it up and my Home Screen flashed & i tried to unlock it and the screen went black