How to fix: Acer Nitro XV282KKV HDMI read/connection problem?

Freeze333
Freeze333 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I have a problem with my new monitor and I have also read that small amount of people have too, but no proper solutions for fixing it. 

This is very random because sometimes the monitor will work as expected, and sometimes not. So I have my monitor connected to a ps5 via valid hmdi 2.1 cable, and there is nothing wrong with it. (I tested two other types as well). Sometimes when I turn the monitor on, which properly connceted with Ps5, the monitor goes black screen and cannot find the hmdi signal from the Ps5. The strange part is when its black screen, the monitor is completely on, but I CAN’T navigate the monitor settings whats so ever, unless I unplugg the Hdmi cable and plug it in, then the monitor will reconize the connection in 2 seconds, and I finally have an image displaying on the screen from Ps5 source. So yeah, you can call it, Hdmi connecetion reading problem. 

I have tried adjusting every setting on the ps5, and restored the monitors settings to default, but the problem is still there! Only thing that is helping, is unplugging and plugging in Hdmi cabel, then everything works fine. I don’t actually mind doing this, but I can imagine how its possible in the future of making the monitors hdmi ports damaged or even worse, by unplugging and plugging in hdmi cable 1000 times per year. 

So, yeah, any real advice would really help. 

Answers

• marcodj
    marcodj Member Posts: 4 New User
    Why don't you just do the firmware update???

I already wrote that afterwards the problems with the PS5 are solved.

I do not understand. The solution is already there

• chridown1
    chridown1 Member Posts: 1 New User
    im on the website and there is no firmware update available any help?