Has anyone else with an Alpha switch had the touch screen lift away SA5-271

EmmaD15
EmmaD15 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2021 in Switch Series
My touch screen is starting to lift away from the tablet. I push it down and it sticks for about 12 hours then starts to lift again. 

SA5-271 model number

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    That is typically caused by the battery getting old enough to start bulging. As the battery expands it pushed on the display and the weakest point is the connection between the case halves. The Acer part number for the battery is: KT.00204.003 and there seem to be plenty of them on the secondary market.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Ingrid-Acer
    Ingrid-Acer Administrator Posts: 3,295 Community Administrator
    Hello @EmmaD15

I am sorry for the issue you are having with your notebook. I sent you a private message requesting some information, please reply at your convenience. 

Kind Regards, 
    Acer-Ingrid 

• heroar
    heroar Member Posts: 1 New User

I have an SA5-271 with similar or same issue. Screen lifts along left edge about 1/8 inch. also some along left end of bottom edge. battery life seems normal and tests 100%. this has been getting progressively more pronounced for some time. it no longer stays close for more than a minute or so. Everything else seems normal and functional. (except the

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer

The battery is bulging and needs to be replaced. You got a decent life out of yours, since batteries typically last for 5ish years…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.