Predator Orion 3000 PO3-620 RAM Upgrade Question

KIFAR
KIFAR Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited October 2021 in Predator Desktops
Hi, I’m looking into options for upgrading the RAM in my PC but I’m confused as to what is already in there and what is compatible. I have 2x8gb which came with the prebuild and I’m looking to add a further 2x8gb of the same model.

The issue I’m having is when I look inside the PC it seems the memory modules are both HypeX Fury 8gb 3200Mhz? The manual I have found online (Dated April 2020) says that I should use only 2666Mhz memory modules.

Could anyone point me in the right direction? Are either of the following links the same modules I already have in my PC? My PC is the ACER Predator Orion 3000 PO3-620, i7, RTX 3060ti, purchased in August 2021.

I have also attached a photo of what is inside my PC already.

Thank you for your help!

https://www.ebuyer.com/914404-hyperx-fury-16gb-2x-8gb-2666mhz-ddr4-ram-hx426c16fb3k2-16?utm_term=&utm_campaign=PLAs%7C%7CComponents%7C%7CMemory+-+PC%7C%7CMed&utm_source=adwords&utm_medium=ppc&hsa_acc=4863007528&hsa_cam=9521594357&hsa_grp=100976036761&hsa_ad=421883255962&hsa_src=g&hsa_tgt=pla-884303537224&hsa_kw=&hsa_mt=&hsa_net=adwords&hsa_ver=3&gclid=CjwKCAjwk6-LBhBZEiwAOUUDp5iyfsy6IYZ2tXRq0JTXSpVDbT7NDIQvK5DFyzh1r63fTP846iK8IxoC9WYQAvD_BwE

https://www.ebuyer.com/914400-hyperx-fury-16gb-2x-8gb-3200mhz-ddr4-ram-hx432c16fb3k2-16

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    So those numbers look good, your system supports 3200 MT/s memory and that's faster than Acer specs for your model. They must have done a mid season upgrade on those. :)
    The memory you want to match what you have now is DDR4-3200 PC4-25600.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    edited October 2021
    I can't see the first few characters in the memory part number, but that looks more like the Kingston DDR4-3200 memory. Run CPU-Z and show us both the memory tab and the SPD tab for that memory. You might have an upgraded motherboard than what initially shipped, allowing the faster memory, or Acer might have just gotten a better price or availability. If the latter it's 3200 running at 2666...
    Oh, and HyperX Fury is XMP memory and likely it's base speed is 2133, so a lot slower than what you have.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • KIFAR

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    I can't see the first few characters in the memory part number, but that looks more like the Kingston DDR4-3200 memory. Run CPU-Z and show us both the memory tab and the SPD tab for that memory. You might have an upgraded motherboard than what initially shipped, allowing the faster memory, or Acer might have just gotten a better price or availability. If the latter it's 3200 running at 2666...
    Oh, and HyperX Fury is XMP memory and likely it's base speed is 2133, so a lot slower than what you have.

Thank you for your reply. I have attached images of both the tabs you’ve asked for. Would either of the two links I sent be the correct install? Thanks again, really appreciate it!
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    So those numbers look good, your system supports 3200 MT/s memory and that's faster than Acer specs for your model. They must have done a mid season upgrade on those. :)
  • KIFAR

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    Thank you so much for your help. I’ve gone ahead and purchased 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz. Really appreciate it, thank you again. Have a good day, stay safe!
  • billsey
    et us know how well it works when they come in. :)
  • KIFAR

Tinkerer

edited November 2021
    billsey said:
    Hi again! Upgraded my RAM and I’m noticing an improvement. My reason for doing so was Flight Simulator 2020, it was utilising all of my RAM which I thought might have been causing some “stuttering”, that seems to have gone away or at least become less noticeable.

I opted to purchase two of these -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08C4VHQV2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_dl_PD9YSKDRHP03YS4790FR?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Hopefully that can be of some help to anyone else with the same build PC as me who wants to make the same upgrade.

Thank you again for your help, I’m not very clued up on these things at all! Really appreciate it. 

Take care,

Edited to hide personal information. 
  • Masquirrel
    Masquirrel Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited October 2021
    KIFAR said:
    billsey said:
    Hi again! Upgraded my RAM and I’m noticing an improvement. My reason for doing so was Flight Simulator 2020, it was utilising all of my RAM which I thought might have been causing some “stuttering”, that seems to have gone away or at least become less noticeable.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08C4VHQV2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_dl_PD9YSKDRHP03YS4790FR?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Hopefully that can be of some help to anyone else with the same build PC as me who wants to make the same upgrade.

Thank you again for your help, I’m not very clued up on these things at all! Really appreciate it. 

Take care,

Kieran
    Is the RAM running at 3200mhz? 
  • sage83
    sage83 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

yes please, give us news about the add of 2x8gb ddr4 3200  continue to work fine with hyperx 2x8gb and keep 3200 mhz ?  i have almost the same orion 3000 but with i5 11400f, 3060ti, and 2x8 3200 too.
  • KIFAR

Tinkerer

Yes they’re running at 3200MHz! :)
  • Masquirrel
    Masquirrel Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

KIFAR said:
    That's awesome! Going to get the same RAM. Thanks for the reply! 
  • KIFAR

Tinkerer

KIFAR said:
    That's awesome! Going to get the same RAM. Thanks for the reply! 
    Let me know how you get on! It’s a tight install, the lower clips are pretty much flush against the GPU!
  • sage83

Tinkerer

iv order two 8gb crucial 3200mhz  1.20v  latency 22. with the link Masquirrel gived.  cause they are locked 3200mhz, and same voltage like the original "special" acer hyperx modules they installed in the orion 3000... all others hyperx 3200 mhz from the market are 1.35v and xmp, that mean they are not locked at 3200 mhz , and Orion 3000 motherboard will run them 2133 mhz or 2666 mhz maybe.  in few days i will confirm if crucial momory work fine for me too.
  • sage83

Tinkerer

im back for give news,  the 2x 8gb crucial 3200 mhz 1.20v iv buy on Amazon , working perfectly with kingstone hyperx (ACR32D4U2S8HD-8X) 3200 mhz CL22 and 1.20v,  my system confirm i running 32gb 3200 cl 22 1.20v now ! , so no need to buy expensive modele, or xmp version , this crucial are the best choice ! im so happy !

next upgrade, iv buy a nvme ssd Crucial P5  1000 gb. i will remove the 512gb western digital SN530..

i have a Acer Orion 3000 PO3-630 , from october 2021.
    i5 11400f - 3060ti.

• KIFAR

Tinkerer

sage83 said:
    im back for give news,  the 2x 8gb crucial 3200 mhz 1.20v iv buy on Amazon , working perfectly with kingstone hyperx (ACR32D4U2S8HD-8X) 3200 mhz CL22 and 1.20v,  my system confirm i running 32gb 3200 cl 22 1.20v now ! , so no need to buy expensive modele, or xmp version , this crucial are the best choice ! im so happy !

next upgrade, iv buy a nvme ssd Crucial P5  1000 gb. i will remove the 512gb western digital SN530..

i5 11400f - 3060ti.

I’m glad my post could help you!

I’m also looking to upgrade my storage to a 2TB NMVe SSD but I’m unsure what’s best or compatible, I’ll have to have a look into it… 
  • sage83

Tinkerer

KIFAR said:
    sage83 said:

i5 11400f - 3060ti.

I’m also looking to upgrade my storage to a 2TB NMVe SSD but I’m unsure what’s best or compatible, I’ll have to have a look into it… 
    for clone the 512 gb, to then new 1tb crucial P5 (fast like wd black), iv buy a nvme external enclosure in amazon.

iv use AOMEI Backupper software.

• KIFAR

Tinkerer

sage83 said:
    KIFAR said:
    sage83 said:

i5 11400f - 3060ti.

for clone the 512 gb, to then new 1tb crucial P5 (fast like wd black), iv buy a nvme external enclosure in amazon.

Is it necessarily to remove the GPU to upgrade the existing SSD? I haven’t had a look at the setup and didn’t take a photo when I upgraded the RAM. I think I’m going to go for a 2TB NVMe to future proof  myself as I don’t like messing around with my system too much, I’m quite new to it all… I will definitely take your advice and clone the current SSD to my new one, thank you!
  • sage83

Tinkerer

edited November 2021
    KIFAR said:
    sage83 said:
    KIFAR said:
    sage83 said:

i5 11400f - 3060ti.

Is it necessarily to remove the GPU to upgrade the existing SSD? I haven’t had a look at the setup and didn’t take a photo when I upgraded the RAM. I think I’m going to go for a 2TB NVMe to future proof  myself as I don’t like messing around with my system too much, I’m quite new to it all… I will definitely take your advice and clone the current SSD to my new one, thank you!

ssd of the orion , don't need to remove the graphic card, like we did for install RAM, under the previous ssd iv discover a thermal pad sticked, but its easy to remove and to stick to the new ssd, just a screw to remove, iv first start my computer, start the clone software, iv select "source" ssd and "target" ssd (using the enclosure with 1tb crucial P5, formated first for be detect). clone take about 1 hour then when its done, iv remove the ssd from ext enclosure, then put it in the orion, then start immédiatly, nothing lost, its a mirror from last ssd, but with double of space free , cause 512 to 1000. i love the aomei backupper software, very clear and easy to use, but of course so much others are available.
  • KIFAR

Tinkerer

sage83 said:
    KIFAR said:
    sage83 said:
    KIFAR said:
    sage83 said:

i5 11400f - 3060ti.

ssd of the orion , don't need to remove the graphic card, like we did for install RAM, under the previous ssd iv discover a thermal pad sticked, but its easy to remove and to stick to the new ssd, just a screw to remove, iv first start my computer, start the clone software, iv select "source" ssd and "target" ssd (using the enclosure with 1tb crucial P5, formated first for be detect). clone take about 1 hour then when its done, iv remove the ssd from ext enclosure, then put it in the orion, then start immédiatly, nothing lost, its a mirror from last ssd, but with double of space free , cause 512 to 1000. i love the aomei backupper software, very clear and easy to use, but of course so much others are available.
    Thank you for that! I’ll have a go and let you know how I get on with it…

This is the SSD I’m looking to buy, I assume it will be ok? Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) (MZ-V7S2T0) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07MLJD32L/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_RNH0XZZT1G08ZREDHA78

• sage83

Tinkerer

KIFAR , yes the samsung 970 evo pci-express gen3 is compatible i guess, like the crucial P5 gen3 iv installed.  the P5 is little more faster than the Western Digital SN530 they put originaly in my Orion. but its difficult to really see the difference, iv change for have more free space only. but im happy to have little more speed of course.
  • rocklobster
    rocklobster Member Posts: 1 New User
    KIFAR said:
    billsey said:

Take care,

Edited to hide personal information. 
    I purchased these as well. 3200 MHz right out of the box. No need to overclock. Fit perfectly with the Acer Predator Orion 3000 motherboard for my pO3-630. Just plug and play. Super easy