No backlit keyboard on Acer chromebook spin 513

Chrisbuckland
Chrisbuckland Member Posts: 1 New User
I’ve just bought the Acer Chromebook Spin 513 from John Lewis, it specified it has a backlit keyboard and in the pictures it showed the backlit keyboard however it hasn’t come on for me and I can’t find an button on my keyboard to activate it? (There are no F keys)

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    What is the full model number? It should be something like CP513-xxx-xxxx. Some models have the keyboard backlight and some do not. Usually there's a little difference in price and it's easy to grab the one that's $20 cheaper without noticing.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • TeresaM19
    TeresaM19 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Bought a Spin 3 (SP314-54N 38TM) from Argos, description states a backlit keyboard but no backlit symbol.
    All FN keys have symbols apart from F8
    Annoyed as this happened with HP as well  
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    All specs I see on the SP314-54N-38TM model do not have a backlit keyboard. It sounds like the vendor (Argos?) screwed up with their description.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @Chrisbuckland,

There's no keyboard backlight, though, which is a shame. The US version of the same laptop does appear to have a keyboard backlight, but we don't get one in the UK model. The UK's Acer Chromebook Spin does have a great Gorilla Glass touchpad.
  • patrickt141
    patrickt141 Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter

On my Spin 513, CP513-2H-K62Y, the backlighting suddenly quit working. I did alt/brightness key and that will show you if you have backlighting. I also have a Spin 311, older, and when I do the shortcut for backlighting nothing happens. On my 513 the shortcut showed backlighting but it wasn't working. I did an powerwash and it's back to working.