predator-orion-3000 upgrading ram?

Options

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Nope, if either of those work at all it will be slower than the 2666MHz you have now. Those are both XMP type memory and only can reach the rated speed when overclocked using XMP. I believe they are both 2133MHz base, so quite a bit slower than the 2666MHz you want. I'm not familiar enough with the Australian market to give you a link, but DDR4 1.2V 2666 should be enough to point you at the right memory. You can put in 4GB, 8GB or 16GB sticks, and they should be matched pairs for best performance.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Nope, if either of those work at all it will be slower than the 2666MHz you have now. Those are both XMP type memory and only can reach the rated speed when overclocked using XMP. I believe they are both 2133MHz base, so quite a bit slower than the 2666MHz you want. I'm not familiar enough with the Australian market to give you a link, but DDR4 1.2V 2666 should be enough to point you at the right memory. You can put in 4GB, 8GB or 16GB sticks, and they should be matched pairs for best performance.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.