I’m trying to upgrade my ram in my p03 630

Shillow
Shillow Member Posts: 4 New User
I’m trying to upgrade my ram in my p03 630 but for some reason it wont boot up after I place the new ram in! Is there something I’m supposed to do to make it work?

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    edited October 2021
    Shillow

Please double check whether it is inserted properly.    Try to reseat the ram or insert in a different slot and check if possible.   Try to swap the memory if possible.   

Before you insert the memory modules please make sure you unplug all the cables and turn off the computer. 

Please make sure whether the new ram which you are inserting is compatible with your computer.     If the new ram is not working try to use the old ram and check.   To check the compatibility of the memory please go through the link which is given below.   It will show the different types of ram which you can use on your computer.  

I would like to provide some additional info which will really help you.    

Kindly go through the details given below.  The info provided below will be very helpful to get the current memory and ssd details of your computer and the options to upgrade it.  

Please visit the website given below.  There is an option to  "start your scan "  and " select your computer " .  Please chose the options and try it.  It will show you the memory and SSD’s details and the best upgrade options for you.. 

https://www.crucial.com/

It will tell you what you currently have and what you can add for memory and SSD's. 

Note: If you decide to buy you can always compare the prices by visiting other websites or stores and then you can decide.  We are providing the info of scan app just to show you the upgrade options.  You can even download similar scan apps from other memory upgrade websites too.          

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    What memory are you trying? A lot of the memory offered out there isn't really up to the correct specs. Your system wants DDR4 1.2V 3200 U-DIMMs (4GB/8GB/16GB) dual channel for up to 64GB total memory. If the memory you bought says it's 3200MHz XMP it's actually likely 2133 MHz with the possibility to overclock to 3200. You need memory with the base at 3200...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.