My Swift 5 backpanel is having paint bubble/pimple issue

Options
Reegan007
Reegan007 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2021 in Swift and Spin Series

After an year of moderate usage for online class for my daughter. This laptop started to show it's poor quality of paint in the backpanel. It's having pimple kinda paint bubble all over the bottom panel. I never use any solvent to clean the laptop. I just wipe it off with microfiber cloth to dust it.

Edited to hide Sensitive information.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Are you still in warranty?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Ingrid-Acer
    Ingrid-Acer Administrator Posts: 3,303 Community Administrator
    Options
    Hello Reegan007

I am sorry to hear you are having this issue with you notebook. Please refer to the private message for the support information. 

Kind Regards, 
    Acer-Ingrid 
  • Reegan007
    Reegan007 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    billsey said:
    Are you still in warranty?
    I'm not sure about it. It just turned 1-year-old last month
  • Sowmonella
    Sowmonella Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited January 2022
    Options
    My Swift ran out last month. I have bubbles and paint peeling near keyboard where my left hand rests. Nothing but microfiber with no cleaner. Very disappointed. Now have duct tape over quarter sized spot. 
  • Ingrid-Acer
    Options
    Hello Sowmonella,  

I am sorry for the issue with you notebook. Please refer to the private message for the support information. 

Kind Regards, 
    Acer-Ingrid 
  • JuliusWWL
    JuliusWWL Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi @Reegan007 , was your problem resolved?  I have an Acer Swift 3 which I love (so light and fast) - but after about 2 years, noticed pimple on the back (see attached pics).  It could have been there earlier - but I just noticed it, did a Google search and found this forum.  Did you find the root cause and was it fixed?
  • peanutbutterz
    peanutbutterz Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    im having the same issue is there any way to fix it....
  • billsey
    Options
    Only by replacing the case halves. Acer is pretty good about getting that done though...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Kwoksh
    Kwoksh Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited February 24
    Options

My daughter’s Swift 5 started with some blisters and now ended up consistently scarred across the whole base cover. It kinda look intentional design. See photo. Where to find a base plate to replace?

There is no warranty

[Edited the content to hide sensitive information]

• billsey
    Options

Have you contacted Acer support about the issue yet? They seem to be helping people who exhibit the symptoms even post warranty... Or at least the people who have contacted them haven't been coming back to complain. :)

• Kwoksh
    Kwoksh Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I sent Acer-Ingrid a separate message. Waiting for his reply now.

• Ingrid-Acer
    Options

Hello Kwoksh,

Sorry for the issues you're having with your notebook , i sent a private message, please check your inbox at your convenience.

Best Regards,

Acer-Ingrid

• chocolatecaviar
    chocolatecaviar Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi, I'm facing the same issue too. Could you drop me a message? Thanks!

• William_mk2
    Options

@chocolatecaviar

If your laptop is in warranty you can contact the warranty dept.   Go to the website support.acer.com - chose your country.  On the new page - scroll down - click on "contact support". Scroll down. You can find the phone no to contact the warranty dept. 

If it is out of warranty...

Go to the website support.acer.com - chose your country.  On the new page - scroll down - Click on "Repair My Acer" - Request to have your Acer product repaired.  

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Devender1252
    Devender1252 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited September 2023
    Options

I am facing a similar issue on my laptop. This is very frustrating to see Acer using such cheap quality paint.

• A5C4E6R0
    A5C4E6R0 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hey! I am facing this same issue and i bought my laptop not even an year ago. I have posted the pictures in community forums as well. Could you drop me a message? Thanks.

• billsey
    Options

If it reasonably new you can likely (not guaranteed) get Acer to fix it for you. If you bought a used computer or one that is really old but has been sitting on the dealers shelf for several years, it could be tougher to get them to do that for you. What model did you buy? If it's been less than a year you may still have warranty.