battery 100% charged but immediately dies when unplugged - Spin SP313-51N

Options
phosphenes
phosphenes Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2021 in Swift and Spin Series
I have a Spin SP313-51N and whenever I unplug the charger from the charger from the laptop, it immediately shuts down.  The battery icon says that it's fully charged and the charging light is blue.  I've tried pressing the pinhole for the battery reset thing, trying different outlets in my house restarting my laptop and updating my BIOS but nothing works.  This just started today when my laptop died (first time its died btw) and I only got my laptop 4 months ago.  

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi @phosphenes,

# Try to update the battery driver

1. Hold windows key and hit letter X.
    2. Choose the device manager option.
    3. Go with the option battery.
    4. Under the title battery.
    Update Battery Drivers in Windows EASILY - Driver Easy
    5. Right click on that option ----> Update all driver under the title battery.
    6. Choose "search automatically". 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​
  • phosphenes
    phosphenes Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Easwar said:
    Hi @phosphenes,

# Try to update the battery driver

1. Hold windows key and hit letter X.
    2. Choose the device manager option.
    3. Go with the option battery.
    4. Under the title battery.
    Update Battery Drivers in Windows EASILY - Driver Easy
    5. Right click on that option ----> Update all driver under the title battery.
    6. Choose "search automatically". 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​
    It says that the best drivers are already installed and the problem still occurs.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,838 Trailblazer
    Options
    When you did the battery reset, did you do the full procedure or just the button? Disconnect all devices with the laptop shut down. Press and hold the button for 15-30 seconds then wait 15-30 minutes (the wait is important). Reconnect the charger and wait for the indicator to show a full charge (again the wait is important). Once you again have the full charge indicator turn it on and retry your test.
    If that doesn't fix it there is likely an issue with the battery. In that case it's best to contact Acer support to get a repair ticket started...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.