Continuous beeping from my Predator G3 - 710 Desktop

HayesMooney
HayesMooney Member Posts: 9 New User
I’ve been hearing a constant beeping from my desktop. I was led to believe that it might be an issue with my ram, after taking them all out and using them one at a time the beeping didn’t stop. I’m sure my ram aren’t dead. I think the issue might be a dead HDD but I really don’t know what could have happened to cause anything inside to break. Note that it hasn’t been booted in a long time and the only thing I have personally changed inside is adding some DDR 4 ram and besides that nothing has been touched since purchased. Looking for some help or any sort of answer to the beeping. (It’s not one beep, it’s beeps with a second in between each one and they don’t stop or get slower with time) 

Best Answer

• HayesMooney
    edited October 2021 Answer ✓
    OK BIG UPDATE. I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THE  HAPPEND BUT ITS WORKING. So, I reseated my gpu, same issue, did a bunch of other side stuff I thought might help nothing happened, I decided hey let’s just try reseating the ram again. So when I reseated them for the first time I did them one by one. I did the same exact thing again and now it’s working perfectly fine except one of my ram doesn’t work no matter which one I put it in. So conclusion, I was getting a memory issue but was getting the wrong bios code for it?? And maybe there was dust or some in the bracket or maybe reseating graphics card fixed I have no  clue but anyways yeah it’s working I littry am just brain dead. 

Answers

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @HayesMooney

One long beep means RAM problem or the motherboard having problem accessing the RAM. You are sure no other short beeps after that?

Since you have checked the RAM modules one by one,  I can only suggest spraying electrical contact cleaners to the RAM connectors (motherboard side and the RAM module side) and reseat the RAM modules FIRMLY again. If you have the original RAM module that the PC came with, you can try that one too.

Otherwise, it is the motherboard problem.
  • William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,044
    HayesMooney

I am really sorry for the inconvenience.   Let us do the power drain and bios defaults. 

Turn off the computer.
    Unplug all the devices and cables including power cable. 
    Press and hold the power button for 45 seconds. 
    Connect all the cables back.   Wait for 5 to 10 mins.    Please connect the power cable as the last one.  

Turn on the computer
    Tap del 
    Go to bios
    press f9 - Load defaults - press yes
    press f10 - save the changes - press yes

Computer should load the windows .. 

If you are still getting the beep sound then you might have to reseat the memory, hdd, cables and other components inside your computer. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Beeps are normally used for diagnostics in POST when something shows a failure before the video is up and running. As ttttt suggests, a single continuous beep is a memory failure, but there are a bunch of other beep patterns for other types of failures. With yours, is it a 'beep beep beep' constantly, or a repeated pattern of beeps? What is the pattern? A dead HDD doesn't usually result in beeps...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • HayesMooney
    So yeah update, it’s in infinate beep loop it doesn’t stop. It infinitely has short beeps. The monitor I have isn’t picking up anything. Fans are running. I’ve tried replacing the HDD to no avail it’s the same noise. I’ve tried the power draining thing. I don’t really don’t know what else to do next. From what I’ve seen most bios don’t have an infinate beep, maybe my bios got damaged??????
  • HayesMooney
     I don’t have any clue to how this might have happened. The only thing is that it hasn’t been powered on in a while, maybe some dust got in there and did some stuff but that’s really the only logical thing I can conclude. 
  • billsey
    A continuous run of beeps doesn't look like it's listed in the service guide. Here's what they show:
    I wonder if the CMOS checksum error would give two, then two more, then two more, ad infinitum in any circumstances? Try pulling the memory and starting it up to verify you get the one continuous beep. That would at least show that with the memory in it's starting POST.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • HayesMooney
    I did that a couple days ago! I took out all my ram and got one continuous long beep

• HayesMooney
    Would this happen if my cmos battery went out?
  • HayesMooney
    From what I’ve seen usually the bios still operates and the monitor has it on the screen with an error or something, but in my case it’s simply black. Maybe the bios isn’t working due to how long it’s been not turned on and maybe it was dead for awhile? I just bought a new battery to replace it with and I’ll try that later
  • HayesMooney
    After getting a new battery nothings changed. It could be a long beep and short 2 beeps? That one is the only one that says “repeated” and when I see this I makes a bit more sense. The beeps are especially long on the first on but the other two do seem to be in a quicker succession. So it might be the one long and two short 
  • HayesMooney
    Tried to attach a video file of what it sounds like but it’s not letting me 

• HayesMooney
    edited October 2021 Answer ✓
    OK BIG UPDATE. I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THE  HAPPEND BUT ITS WORKING. So, I reseated my gpu, same issue, did a bunch of other side stuff I thought might help nothing happened, I decided hey let’s just try reseating the ram again. So when I reseated them for the first time I did them one by one. I did the same exact thing again and now it’s working perfectly fine except one of my ram doesn’t work no matter which one I put it in. So conclusion, I was getting a memory issue but was getting the wrong bios code for it?? And maybe there was dust or some in the bracket or maybe reseating graphics card fixed I have no  clue but anyways yeah it’s working I littry am just brain dead. 
  • billsey
    So it sounds like you have pinned it down to the memory card. Good job! Just replace it with a working one of the same spec and you should be good to go. :)
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @HayesMooney,

Good to know thanks for your information. It will be useful for many people. ​