Problem in updating to windows 11 - Nitro 5 an515-43

Snehasish
Snehasish Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
edited October 2021 in Windows 11
I'm using acer nitro 5 ryzen 5 3500H and rx 560x user. when I'm trying to update my windows from windows 10 to windows 11. Ist of a it's going nice like it download everything then installed it. then it restarts and It start to getting the update after it reaches 60% my laptop is starting to make a noise I don't know why and it's too loud. and high pitched. I bought this laptop last year in the month of June. I want to know why is it happening everytime Im trying to update. and is it only happens in my nitro 5 or it's some fault in all of them? 

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Answers

• HWSServices
    HWSServices Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Did you check you BIOS for TMP capabilities Win 11 will not run without it.
  • Snehasish
    HWSServices said:
    Did you check you BIOS for TMP capabilities Win 11 will not run without it.
    yes I checked everything. ist I got the update notification from my windows update options in which they told me to check the specs for installing windows 11. For that I downloaded pc health check up from Microsoft Site (it's link was given in the update option) there it told it's all set togo for update. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Which Nitro 5 model do you have? It should be something like AN5xx-xxx-xxxx. I had an issue with my first try of the install on my Nitro laptop, but a reboot and retry fixed it.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Snehasish
    billsey said:
    Which Nitro 5 model do you have? It should be something like AN5xx-xxx-xxxx. I had an issue with my first try of the install on my Nitro laptop, but a reboot and retry fixed it.
    mine is an515-43 . I tried twice updating to windows 11 but when it starting to install in the reboot screen when it reaches 60% it starting to make a noise and it's very loud. I don't know why it's happening. can it be some malfunctioning in the system coz of the update? 
  • billsey
    edited October 2021
    It kind of depends on what the update is doing at that point. Do you think the noise is a beep from the motherboard, or more like the fans spinning up to full speed? Did you have all the updates to Windows 10 already installed when you started the W11 update? My Nitro is an Intel system, so won't necessarily match your experience...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Snehasish
    it's sounds like the fan is spinning like hell but I don't think that. actually the sound is coming from the sides where the fans are situated. But it's too loud that I have to shut down the pc. Everytime. 
  • billsey
    That sounds like the fan is running full blast. Fan speed is normally controlled to hold a CPU temperature by the BIOS. I wonder if they tweak any of those settings during the install? I suggest holding off on the W11 update for now. Make sure W10 doesn't have any updates queued and let's look at your BIOS version. It look like the latest is 1.12...
  • Snehasish
    edited October 2021
    I have the latest v

i.e v1. 12

​//Edited the content to hide serial number.
  • billsey
    That all looks good to me, for now just stick with W10 until they get more of the bugs out of W11...
  • Snehasish
    billsey said:
    That all looks good to me, for now just stick with W10 until they get more of the bugs out of W11...
    thank you so much for your help.❤️
  • 17Moody
    17Moody Member Posts: 4 New User
    Snehasish said:
    I'm using acer nitro 5 ryzen 5 3500H and rx 560x user. when I'm trying to update my windows from windows 10 to windows 11. Ist of a it's going nice like it download everything then installed it. then it restarts and It start to getting the update after it reaches 60% my laptop is starting to make a noise I don't know why and it's too loud. and high pitched. I bought this laptop last year in the month of June. I want to know why is it happening everytime Im trying to update. and is it only happens in my nitro 5 or it's some fault in all of them? 

I have problem on updating to windows 11 too. My laptop model is AN515-44 and I haven't received any updates for my nitro. 
  • 17Moody
    17Moody Member Posts: 4 New User
    17Moody said:
    Snehasish said:

I have problem on updating to windows 11 too. My laptop model is AN515-44 and I haven't received any updates for my nitro. 
    Can someone help me?🥺
  • billsey
    edited October 2021
    Has Microsoft offered it to you via Windows Update yet? If not they may be working on full support before pushing it out.
  • Dronzer
    Dronzer Member Posts: 1 New User
    I upgraded my acer nitro 5 AN515-55 to windows 11 and deleted the older version of windows. If I reset my laptop then the drivers that are came preloaded when I buy it will automatically install or not? Or I have to install it myself like nitrosense, acer care center, etc
  • billsey
    If you reset then the Acer applications (and all other apps except those that come with Windows by default) will be removed.
  • TheHighPriest
    TheHighPriest Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi @Snehasish, I did windows 11 upgrade on my Acer nitro 5 AN515-43 laptop. The only issue after upgrade was malfunctioning drivers so I did clean install after the upgrade. Also I replaced built-in WIFI card from QUALCOMM QCA6174A with intel wireless AC 9260 as it is really ***** WIFI card - not working even on well-known Linux distributions.

• I have BIOS version 1.10.
    • I tried Windows 11 insider in virtual box before the upgrade.
    • I had clean Windows 10 install before upgrading to Windows 11.