issue with the charger for the Acer Swift 3.

System
System Member Posts: 4,513 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
This discussion was created from comments split from: Very difficult to plug in charger for laptop Acer Nitro 5.

Answers

• ForestBabe
    ForestBabe Member Posts: 2 New User
    I noticed a similar issue with the charger for the Acer Swift 3. This is a replacement for a similar model that had a problem with the fan - but no trouble with plugging in the charger! So I do notice the difference. What I find is that there is one particular placement where it doesn't need so much pressure to make the connection, so I try to keep it to that. I haven't had this with any laptop before, so it seems odd and I share some worry about it. Have you had any ongoing trouble with the Nitro 5?
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    ForestBabe,

Where did you get the replacement from Acer or by own ?
  • ForestBabe
    ForestBabe Member Posts: 2 New User
    @Easwar, from Currys PCWorld store. Why do you ask?
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    edited October 2021
    There are two common sizes used for the plug on the chargers. The Acer one has an interior hole 1.1mm in diameter, some of the third party ones have an inner hole that's 1.35mm in diameter. If you get the latter, the plug doesn't fit tightly against the center electrode and you get the symptom that you have to jiggle it or hold it at a slight angle to get it to work right. Curry's likely sold you a generic that has the larger hole.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.