endeavouros dual boot issue

Options
meckron
meckron Member Posts: 7 New User
i was dual booting my linux distro the installation was successful but grub is causing issue for my firmware whenever i try to access bios it greets me with a black screen i was able to solve it by deleting the grub boot entry from uefi using bcdedit in windows, the bios is back but i am unable to put grubx64.efi as trusted efi file so that i could boot into my linux please help me solve this 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Are you sure the correct file is grubx64.efi? I though that launched grub, not launched the OS. Is there a shimx64.efi listed?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • meckron
    edited October 2021
    Options
    billsey said:
    Are you sure the correct file is grubx64.efi? I though that launched grub, not launched the OS. Is there a shimx64.efi listed?
    yes i am sure 100% 

• meckron
    edited October 2021
    Options
    i deleted the grubx64 entry because it was interfering with my bios, greeting me with a black screen but now i mistakenly added the bootx64 as trustable and i can't remove it neither add grubx64, when i try to add grubx64 as trustable it says "file already exits" but it doesn't show up in the bootmenu 
  • meckron
    Options
    billsey said:
    also its an arch based distro