upgrading the RAM on the B56H5-AD motherboard past the 32GB recommended? TC-1660

Yeetymcyeetyeet
Yeetymcyeetyeet Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2021 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
Doing a bit of an upgrade on a TC-1660 i5 - it had 8GB RAM @ 3200mhz. I have already upgraded to 16GB @ 3600 via two 8GB sticks but given you can go to 64GB via two sticks of 32GB RAM, could it be possible to do that on this motherboard? If not, is that a hardware or software issue (and if a software issue, can this be overridden by doing a BIOS upgrade?)?

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Intel® B560 Chipset motherboard require four DIMM slots to support the full memory map. You have two slots on your motherboard and Acer's spec says "Up to 32GB per DIMM with maximum memory size up to 64 GB", so that aligns with Intel.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Intel® B560 Chipset motherboard require four DIMM slots to support the full memory map. You have two slots on your motherboard and Acer's spec says "Up to 32GB per DIMM with maximum memory size up to 64 GB", so that aligns with Intel.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • kodavilliers
    kodavilliers Member Posts: 2 New User

what is the bios for the b56h5-ad