Connect laptop Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55 with external monitor 165hz

block
block Member Posts: 5 New User
edited October 2021 in Nitro Gaming
Hi, I have a laptop Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55, I want to use an external monitor for my laptop, my monitor is 165hz, and has HDMI 2.0 port. Will my monitor achieve 165hz when I'm using HDMI ?
And I don't know my laptop is HDMI 2.0 or 1.4, and can I use cable "thunderbolt to display port" to connect from my laptop to my monitor?

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Best Answer

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Answer ✓
    block,

You asked "so the USB Type C to DP converter cable cannot be used for Acer Nitro 5. Is this right ?"

Yes.

Answers

• Easwar
    Yes, this Nitro 5 has HDMI 2.0

Can I use cable "thunderbolt to display port" to connect from my laptop to my monitor?

Yes.

• block
    block Member Posts: 5 New User
    Easwar said:
    Yes, this Nitro 5 has HDMI 2.0

Can I use cable "thunderbolt to display port" to connect from my laptop to my monitor?

Yes.
    I consulted a few friends on Facebook and they said that the USB Type C of the Acer Nitro 5 laptop does not support display external monitor, so the USB Type C to DP converter cable cannot be used for Acer Nitro 5. Is this right ?
  • Easwar
    Answer ✓
    block,

You asked "so the USB Type C to DP converter cable cannot be used for Acer Nitro 5. Is this right ?"

Yes.
  • Sedul
    Sedul Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited February 2022
    I have acer-nitro-5-an517-54-582a Windows 11 and I'm trying to connect to a Dell via USB-C. IT is not working and not detecting the monitor. IT says Display Connection Limited. Make sure the Display port device etc.

I bought this at https://www.costco.ca/acer-nitro-5-an517-54-582a-gaming-laptop,-i5-11400h.product.100837037.html?langId=-24

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/CA/content/model/NH.QF8AA.001 specs are wrong or something it says it has display over USB-C

THis is confirmed right? So there is no way to use Display Port outputs from USB-C to a hub, which limits the output. 
    No charging over USB-C either
  • Mohammedpc551
    Mohammedpc551 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi, I have a laptop Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55, I want to use an external monitor for my laptop, my monitor is 165hz, and has HDMI 1.4 port. Will my monitor achieve 165hz when I'm using HDMI ?