I just bought a Acer Nitro XV282K and need help please.

BillyBaxley
BillyBaxley Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2021 in Monitors
I just got the Acer Nitro XV282K for my PS5 in hopes of being able to play games at 4K 120Hz. I’m having some issues that are apparently pretty common. Sometimes when I turn my PS5 on the screen will stay black and won’t cut on at all unless I turn the monitor on and off a couple times. Also the bigger issue is I can’t get it to run a game like Call Of Duty Cold War, which is capable of 4K 120HZ, at that actual resolution and framerate. If I put my PS5 in performance mode it will do 120Hz but at only 1080p. Ive also ensured my HDMI 2.1 is turned on via the settings of the monitor as well as ensured the color mode is in HDR mode. I’ve read on other forums that a firmware update could be the fix but I’m just coming here to see if anybody has any experience with this issue that can help me solve this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• Freeze333
    Freeze333 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

You are not alone! I have the same problem, but can’t find any solutions. Smh. I will try to call Acer support later. This is not okay, because we all paid alot for a «high end monitor» 
  • Tachi13
    Tachi13 Member Posts: 135 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    @BillyBaxley
    @Freeze333

I understand, but can you guys also check the monitor with a windows Gaming PC and see how it responds? Monitors are something that can interface with computers, gaming monitors with Freesync/Adaptive sync/G-Sync are something that can work with Windows computers that has AMD or Nvidia's GPUs. Yes, monitors may have compatibility issues with Consoles. Consoles are for TVs, get a 4K TV and try playing with it for better results. 
    Please click on "Yes" if you find this answer helpful. :):)
  • Freeze333
    Freeze333 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Tachi13 said:
    @BillyBaxley
    @Freeze333

I understand, but can you guys also check the monitor with a windows Gaming PC and see how it responds? Monitors are something that can interface with computers, gaming monitors with Freesync/Adaptive sync/G-Sync are something that can work with Windows computers that has AMD or Nvidia's GPUs. Yes, monitors may have compatibility issues with Consoles. Consoles are for TVs, get a 4K TV and try playing with it for better results. 
    I see your point, but this monitor is actually made as much for consoles as for pc’s. Thats why they added to Hdmi2.1 ports. The new consoles are popular and they all use hdmi2.1 port, so yeah, in this case of monitor you are wrong.