How to install an additional case fan on front of Acer Nitro 50-620

Options
Lanki
Lanki Member Posts: 4 New User
edited October 2021 in Nitro Gaming
Hi. I had a hard time searching how to do it. The N50-620 case is pretty tight and hot, so even my HDD had more than 50' (Celsius). I wrote an e-mail to Polish support and received instructions how to remove front cover, then i had to search for 80mm fan. Unfortunately this case will fit only slim fan that is 15mm thick. In Poland you can buy AAB Cooling Slim fan, Akasa and Noiseblocker. Maybe you can find Cooler Master in your country. The one from AAB was the cheapest one and is not as noisy as the original one on the rear of case, so it is ok for me. Instalation process with screws was impossible in my scenario - the screws that came with fan were too thick. I didn't want to use a drill, so I ended up with Cable tie. Now my GPU temps are 10' (Celsius degrees) lower. There is a chance that you can use a 92mm slim fan, but i didn't try it.

If you had any experience with cooling system in Nitro PC, please share it with us in this topic. Now I am trying to change the CPU cooler, but SPC Fera and Arctic Freezer 34 aren't compatible bexause of this non-standard metal backplate mounted on motherboard. 

Answers

• Lanki
    Options
    I have to make a little update: I did upgrade the CPU Cooling system to SPC Fera. I had to buy and use non-standard screws to mount it to the metal backplate that came pre-installed. Now, after changing the cpu cooler, the backside fan and adding another one to the front the system runs cool and quiet.

You can use 92mm fans, the holes in case allow it, but you can end up looking for screws that will fit.

My Cpu Cooler SPC Fera2 did fit, but it touches the side panel.
  • lupus123
    lupus123 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Great job! That helps a lot.
    I have a similar system and want to upgrade the fans. May I ask how did you connect the additional fan? My system has only one 4 pin connecter, which is already used by the back fan.

Thanks for your reply!
  • Markoboman
    Markoboman Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Where did u find the other 4 pin connector?
  • NORGB
    NORGB Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have the same system want to know how you got the cooling system on the case looks like a nightmare well at least how did you take it apart? There's not much information about them or how to take them apart completely. And did you use a cable splitter for the front fan? 
  • fpsniperer
    fpsniperer Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Options
    Non-standard plate, you say? That's quite disappointing, I honestly expected something better than being tethered to the original (underperforming) equipment with this MoBo. Guess it's time to shell out some bucks on coolers and MoBo.
  • mmoren73
    mmoren73 Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited April 2022
    Options
    check on youtube, theres a video where they upgrade the tower fans n cpu heatsink n fan https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stFeDIY-FEA&t=5s
  • Lanki
    Options
    Oh, that's great, I really appreciate that someone created a video about upgrading the cooling system. He also did a better job with it - he used 92mm fans and screw kit to mount them. Even the CPU cooler was a better choice and was compatible with that metal backplate that is originally mounted on the motherboard. Unfortunately 14mm CPU fans are too big and won't fit.

As I remember there was a CPU and system Fan connectors, so there were two of them and I used a splitter to get 3 fans working. 

I am sorry that I didn't answer to any of those new posts, I didn't receive any email with notification about them. 
  • Tomino98
    Tomino98 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    What type od screws for front fan?
  • Lanki
    Options
    Unfortunately I don't know. Their diameter is very low. Noctua's mounting kits have them and you can buy those rubber antivibration screw pins or whatever they are called.