RAM Upgrade on the latest Swift 3 laptop 2021 SF314-511-70QZ

Gemini55
Gemini55 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2021 in Swift and Spin Series
I purchased the latest swift 3 model  11th Gen i7 1165G7  8GB RAM   1 TB SSD  14 INCH  Model number SF314-511-70QZ
There hasn't been any video related to this model upgrade. This is the laptop with silver keys and the air fan grill just below
the right side of the screen. I have mixed advices in which 3 say upgradable and the other 3 say not. So I m hoping
for those who bought this latest unit can advise here. Thank you. May be this model is only available in Australia.

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Gemini55,

Brand‎Acer
    Processor Count‎4
    RAM Size‎8 GB
    Memory Technology‎DDR4
    Maximum Memory Supported‎32 GB
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,679 Trailblazer
    Nope, the SF314-511 models have their memory soldered to the motherboard. They are not expandable. They come from the factory with either an 8GB motherboard or a 16GB motherboard.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Gemini55
    Gemini55 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi Bilsey,

You are absolutely right. The technician of the local shop opened up the base of the demo unit i5 Swift 3, soldered RAM. Ended up buying
    the swift 5 with 16GB touchscreen  i7 1TB which was on special sales price. Happy now.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,679 Trailblazer
    Good enough then. :) I go crazy every time I try to use a laptop without touchscreen...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.