Acer swift 3 315-51G driver update for windows 11?

Unnamed
Unnamed Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
edited October 2021 in Windows 11
Will swift 3 315-51g ever get driver updates for windows 11?My cpu cannot reach boost clock after upgrading to windows 11 at it maxes out at base clock of 1.8ghz .This seems to be a driver issue.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    Intel has been releasing drivers pretty quickly for the various configurations and the availability of those drivers are part of what Microsoft uses when deciding which models to push to next. I don't believe MS has pushed W11 to the SF315-51G series yet. Check on Intel's site to find their latest, though they might not be doing much with the 7th gen series, since MS doesn't support it in W11.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Unnamed
    billsey said:
    Intel has been releasing drivers pretty quickly for the various configurations and the availability of those drivers are part of what Microsoft uses when deciding which models to push to next. I don't believe MS has pushed W11 to the SF315-51G series yet. Check on Intel's site to find their latest, though they might not be doing much with the 7th gen series, since MS doesn't support it in W11.
    Sf315-51g runs on 8th gen intel core i5.The hardware is compatible but it needs new drivers for w11 to work properly.Intel doesn't release custom drivers as far as I know. Its acer's responsibility to update their custom drivers.Most of the drivers for my device were last updated in 2017.Hp still provides updates for its laptops from 2014 and then there is acer's ***** after sales support.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    The default drivers from Intel work well, there isn't any customization needed.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Unnamed
    Easwar said:
    did you even check before giving the link here?They only gave windows 10 drivers in this link
  • Robert_William
    Robert_William Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi. My Acer Swift SF315-51G is Not compatible with Windows 11.

Windows 11 Healt check says: Congratulation, Your computer can rum Windows 11 But,

In the healtcheck the cpu check says: Your CPU are Not Compatible with Windows 11. cpu Intel core i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz !!!

I don't leave Windows 10 for Windows 11 anyway, because as usually the computer is a Windows 10 computer and will Certainly lacks of Win 11 drivers and other problems due upgrading! My swift3 will also get slower, i guess. Maybe, in 2025, I will install Linux Ubuntu, if my computer is still ok.

Sincerely Bob from Sweden