Acer nitro 5 screen problemAce nitro 5 AN515-57-5620

Andoreiii
Andoreiii Member Posts: 1 New User
edited September 2022 in Nitro Gaming
helloo i just want to ask if there is any solution to repair my laptop with this peculiar screen problem . I tried to use the BIOS and factory reset my laptop yet the screen problem doesn't let me finish... 

(edited the title to add model name )

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    edited October 2021
    Andoreiii

I am really sorry for the inconvenience.    

We need to determine whether it is a hardware or software issue..   Turn off the computer.   Tap f2 while turning on the computer.   It will go to bios.   Please stay on the bios screen for 30 mins.    If the display is looking good on bios then it is a software issue.   If the display is not looking good on the bios screen then it is a hardware issue.   

If it is a software issue try the following the steps..

Try windows x 
    go to device manager 
    expand display adapter
    right click on display driver - uninstall 
    Restart the computer 

It should work fine.. 

If it is still not working 
    Uninstall the display adapter from device manager 
    Don’t restart the computer. 
    Go to support.acer.com 
    chose your country 
    type snid or chose your model 
    go to drivers 
    Install the display driver 

If it is a hardware issue and if your laptop is in warranty you can contact the warranty dept.     Go to the website support.acer.com - chose your country.  On the new page - scroll down -  click on "contact support".  Scroll down.  You can find the phone no to contact the warranty dept. 

If it is out of warranty, please contact local store or

Go to the website support.acer.com - chose your country.   On the new page - scroll down -  Click on  "Repair My Acer" - Request to have your Acer product repaired.   There will be charges for repair. 

Additional info to contact Acer Store:  Please visit the website - support.acer.com - chose your country - click on shop.   You can buy desktop, laptop, monitor and accessories.  Alternatively,  on the top right corner you can find the phone no to contact Acer store.   For the parts which are not available on Acer store, you have to contact local store.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• AbdulBaseer
    AbdulBaseer Member Posts: 4 New User
    My Acer Nitro  5 Laptop has this screen issue. Can anyone tell me why this is so, My screen is working perfectly fine suddenly after some usage the screen is getting such line and unable to use. The next day its again perfectly fine then getting such lines making me not able to work on it.
    Whats the issue, how to get rid of it????
  • @AbdulBaseer What is the exact model? Example AN515-55-58VH.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • AbdulBaseer
    edited June 2022
    here are the details of my laptop.

Please update with solution. 

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

• Does this problem also occur in the bios? When you connect an external monitor to the hdmi port, does the image display correctly?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • AbdulBaseer
    The problem is same in bios too. And i didn't try on external monitor. 
  • @AbdulBaseer Is your laptop under warranty?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AbdulBaseer
    No its not in warranty now. 
  • In this case I would check the edp cable and the display:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utKp6EciY08&t=248s
    https://youtu.be/GeF7p8UJ3FE

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Jarki5
    Jarki5 Member Posts: 3 New User
    My screen has lateral lines across it too. I spoke to someone at Harvey Norman who informed me that they had a number of returns for this issue with the Nitro 5. Good to see the Acer response to a known problem is to worry about warranty over customer service. I already paid $300 to replace the screen case because of a faulty hinge and it was returned to me with the new case clicking and opening up in the same place as the previously damaged case. If Acer is providing this quality and service then I might just gave to bite the bullet and just buy a new laptop from a more reliable company. Pity, when it worked it was great, it just didn't work for that long.
  • Jarki5 said:
    My screen has lateral lines across it too. I spoke to someone at Harvey Norman who informed me that they had a number of returns for this issue with the Nitro 5. Good to see the Acer response to a known problem is to worry about warranty over customer service. I already paid $300 to replace the screen case because of a faulty hinge and it was returned to me with the new case clicking and opening up in the same place as the previously damaged case. If Acer is providing this quality and service then I might just gave to bite the bullet and just buy a new laptop from a more reliable company. Pity, when it worked it was great, it just didn't work for that long.
    I suggest you ask a new question.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Jarki5
    Jarki5 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Jarki5 said:
    I suggest you ask a new question.

Such as? Thought this was a thread for screen issues?
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,933 Trailblazer
    Andoreiii said:
    helloo i just want to ask if there is any solution to repair my laptop with this peculiar screen problem . I tried to use the BIOS and factory reset my laptop yet the screen problem doesn't let me finish... 
    Open your Nitro laptops back cover and check the LCD EDP CABLE where it connects to the motherboard as this cables plug due to allot of wear and if you ever dropped the laptop can dislodge, so its either the plug gets slightly disconnected or its not plugged in properly, or in extreme cases its plug to the motherboard is damaged and one of its wires is broken and/or shortening out or the actual cable is damaged, If the cable is broken mid way or at its plug,  then either repair it (if you have the micro soldering and al the proper tools to do so) or replace the cable completely as they are available on eBay. Amazon for your particular Nitro 5 laptop. As whenever those stripes appear the above is the first thing that you should look at, as 90% of the times is due to a faulty LCD EDP CABLE or its plug dislodging or coming lose and connecting properley. 
  • Sephseph
    Sephseph Member Posts: 2 New User

My nitro 5 had black screen but the power is on

What I can do to it?

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Try resetting the battery: turn off the computer, unplug the power adapter, press the power button for thirty seconds and leave the computer off for half an hour.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JohnMrz
    JohnMrz Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited October 2022

Hello @Andoreiii, did the solutions below help with your problem? I believe I'm having the same problem now and your answer will be so helpful thank you.

• Gunaseelan
    Gunaseelan Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

I am experience with the same issue

• Gunaseelan
    Gunaseelan Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

I am this screen issue pls help me to find a solution for this..