What is happening with my laptop - AN515-54-5812

Loser
Loser Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2021 in Nitro Gaming
Yes hello, everytime I power my computer up my screen remains un-illuminated my keyboard lights up, but the screen doesn't. the fan starts for like 2 seconds and the stops, I have tried resetting the battery, holding down the power button, and nothing works

I have no god ***** clue what the problem is

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Answers

• Erick-Acer_Retired
    Erick-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 503 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Loser
    Could you please tell me modern name of device 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Yes, we really need to know what your model is. Sometimes on the newer laptops the battery can get overcharged and that creates issues. Try plugging something in the draw the battery down if you have one of the always on USB ports. More than that we can't suggest until we know what system you have. It ought to be something like SP3xx-xxx-xxxx
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Loser
    Loser Member Posts: 2 New User
    billsey said:
    Yes, we really need to know what your model is
    I believe my model is AN515-54-5812
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    OK, that's one of the Nitro models and not too awful old. What process did you follow on the battery reset? A lot of the time people don't do the whole thing so it doesn't 'take'. Disconnect everything with the laptop powered down then press and hold the power button for 15-30 seconds. Wait 15-30 minutes then plug only power back in. Wait for the full battery indication then plug anything else in you use and turn it on.
    Now, assuming that doesn't work we will want to try and drop the charge level. I believe the two USB 3.0 ports on the left side are configured to be always on, so you can charge devices off them while the laptop is off. Find something you can plug into one of those ports that uses electricity, I have a USB powered fan and a USB powered light that would work, you may have to find something else (perhaps your phone when it's battery is low?). Run the battery down with the charger disconnected for a couple of hours, then try turning on again.
    Report back with results please.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Electo
    Electo Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hey man, I'm having same problem with my laptop but in my case fans remain off for 2 seconds &they start to run normally,but nothing on display
    Model :nitro 5 an515-43
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Loser,

It looks like hardware issue. Contact acer tech support,

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact

OR book the unit for repair service,

https://customerselfcare.acer.com/CS2/#/

• AmandaSarrazin01
    AmandaSarrazin01 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi there my nitro laptop is doing the same thing AN515-54-5812 when I push the power button the keyboard lights up and the battery light is blue and fully charged bit no monitor and of course just outside the warranty. I paid alot for this thing to only last a little over a year is quite the ripoff  if you ask me and I'm not too impressed right now as I'm seeing I'm not the only one with this issue and may need to be looked into more and maybe recalled or soemthing because this is not fair. And yoles I did send in yo a computer shop and they could not get it to turn on either. We tried to see if it was just the monitor by trying to plug into external monitor but didn't work they tried to change the battery and checked the ram and nothing so here I am with a broken expensive laptop just over a year old and it was my work laptop so now I am having a hard time working remotely from.home. I would not give this laptop a good review at all.