Flashing battery indicator Aspire V3-772G

Options
SimoK
SimoK Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited October 2021 in Aspire Laptops
My trusty old Acer Aspire V3-772G from 2013 needed a new battery since the old one was not really working anymore.
So I ordered a new one and I figured I'd order one with more mAh so I could use it longer.
It arrived and fits so that's a win.

But the new battery won't charge. I get a blinking orange light instead of the comforting steady blue light.
I have searched for a solution and found nothing.
I can't find a battery pin reset hole, I have tried to hold down the power button for 30 seconds, all to no avail.

Help, please!

P.S. The AC adapter works fine with the old battery.

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Try resetting: turn off the computer, disconnect the power adapter, disconnect the battery and press the power button for sixty seconds.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • SimoK

Tinkerer

edited October 2021
    Options
    Try resetting: turn off the computer, disconnect the power adapter, disconnect the battery and press the power button for sixty seconds.

I've already tried this and now I've tried it again. It does nothing unfortunately. 
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    SimoK,

Are you getting this symbol when charger is connected to the laptop.
    Charging Battery Vector Icon 377820 Vector Art at Vecteezy
  • SimoK

Tinkerer

Options
    Easwar said:
    SimoK,

Are you getting this symbol when charger is connected to the laptop.
    Charging Battery Vector Icon 377820 Vector Art at Vecteezy

Yes I do

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    SimoK,

Did you try to update the battery driver ?
  • SimoK

Tinkerer

Options
    Easwar said:
    SimoK,

Did you try to update the battery driver ?
    Yes I did. And I get the blinking orange light even if the computer isn't turned on.
    Which makes me doubt that it's a software issue.
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    @SimoK
    Is the battery capacity number increasing with time at that battery charging icon while plugged in?

My laptop has amber light when charging, turn to steady blue when fully charged.
  • SimoK

Tinkerer

Options
    ttttt said:
    @SimoK
    Is the battery capacity number increasing with time at that battery charging icon while plugged in?

My laptop has amber light when charging, turn to steady blue when fully charged.
    No it's not charging at all.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What is the model of the new battery and the voltage and amperage?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • SimoK

Tinkerer

Options
    More info on the PC:

V3-772G-747a321.26TBDakk
    model no: VA73

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    This battery should work. What is the bios version?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• SimoK

Tinkerer

Options
    This battery should work. What is the bios version?
    BIOS is v 1.15
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Maybe it's a problem with the new battery.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• SimoK

Tinkerer

Options
    Maybe it's a problem with the new battery.
    Nope, I've tested 2 different new ones.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you test with another power adapter?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• SimoK

Tinkerer

Options
    Can you test with another power adapter?

I don't have access to another one that fits.

Regardless, I have now returned the batteries to the vendor. This issue is not solved but is no longer an active issue for me.