how to change vram nominal in acer swift 3?

Options
NdezZ77
NdezZ77 Member Posts: 2 New User
  my laptop vram's just 128 mb, help me please, i'm newbie about this

Answers

• William_mk2
    Options
    NdezZ77

Don't worry about vram or video ram.    It is mainly meant for people who are using graphics card on a gaming computer or for people who are using computer for video editing purposes.  If you have more video ram then it will provide better graphics for a gaming computer.    It all depends upon the graphics card or video card being used on the computer you get more vram. 

Since you are using a Acer swift 3 computer, 128 mb vram is more than enough to watch youtube, videos or movies.    However there is another type of memory which is present on your computer.    It is a regular physical memory which comes with capacity of  2 gb, 4 gb, 8gb and 16 gb.  If you have more memory on your computer it will work more faster.    

Hard disk or ssd provide storage space to computer.   It comes with capacity of 300 gb, 500 gb, 1 TB and 2 TB.   If you have more space on the hdd  then you can store more pictures, music , documents and videos.  

Kindly go through the details from link 

https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001307.htm

Finally what we can conclude is..   

Memory -   It is used to increase the speed of computer.
    Hdd or SSD -   It is meant for storage
    VRAM -   It is used for getting better graphics. 

I would like to provide some additional info which will really help you. 

Kindly go through the details given below.  The info provided below will be very helpful to get the current memory and ssd details of your computer and the options to upgrade it.  

Please visit the website given below.  There is an option to  "start your scan "  and " select your computer " .  Please chose the options and try it.  It will show you the memory and SSD’s details and the best upgrade options for you.. 

https://www.crucial.com/

It will tell you what you currently have and what you can add for memory and SSD's. 

Note: If you decide to buy you can always compare the prices by visiting other websites or stores and then you can decide.  We are providing the info of scan app just to show you the upgrade options.  You can even download similar scan apps from other memory upgrade websites too.         

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• NdezZ77
    NdezZ77 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    when playing the PES 2021 game, over time there will be lag. when I check the settings.apk of the game,
    gpu status : intel iris xe ---- bad
    vram : 128 mb --- bad
    i'm confused why with 16gb ram, my vram is only 128mb,
    I tried to change it in regedit or in advance system settings, but failed,
    I tried through advance bios, but the sub menu about graphics is not available, do you have another trick that I can try?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,838 Trailblazer
    Options
    No, your model doesn't have the ability to change the amount of system memory is allocated as VRAM. It's not really designed as a gaming work horse, rather as a gentle gamer...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.