Acer Predator Z271 - PS5 Display Port 120 HZ Not Working

illini47
illini47 Member Posts: 2 New User
I have an Acer Predator Z271 Monitor. Monitor is limited to 60HZ on HDMI, so attempted to use Display Port to get 120 HZ on PS5. It is to utilize 120 HZ for COD Cold War and not COD Warzone (With Update). I tried before and after the PS5 update on the need for the EVanlak HDMI EDID Emulator 4K UHD. I have attempted to use the Benfei and Club HDMI to Display Port Adapter with USB USB power. Both adapters are 120 HZ capable at 1080P. I also check my iVANKY 1.2 DP cable is compatible for these rates. I get through all the steps of setting 1080p display in the PS5 and Performance Mode ON and HDCP OFF. Then when I try to load the Cold War or Warzone, it will basically turn the monitor off or time out. The error in the  PS5 screen states to return back to previous monitor and settings. I have also tried going into PS5 Safe mode to reset all the settings. Still results in the same off monitor and error message. I have also used NVIDIA Control Panel to make Monitor is set to 120 HZ or 144 HZ with Display Port while on my laptop. It seems like with all these settings and cable setup, I can only run at Resolution mode to not get black screen and not Performance mode to enable the 120 HZ.

Any thoughts on a fix to get this working? I have attached the USB cable of the adapter to an electrical outlet or to the PS5 USB port and still doesn't work.

Answers