Aspire TC 895 EB11- Graphics card upgrade problem

Hello, someone I know was lucky enough to find a new graphics card so they gave me their old one. Its a Gigabyte GTX 660ti. I have a 500W PSU which is enough for the card. The problem is that I get a blank screen when using it, no video at all - even the on board graphics stop working. My PC starts up, passes POST but I have no display. I'm sure the video card isn't working because it needs a bios flash to enable UEFI. But I don't know why it's also disabling my onboard graphics and without that I can't reflash the card. 

When I first installed it I tried disabling secure boot and I had disabled the on board graphics in display manager. It doesn't work with or without those steps.

Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions? Why does the on board graphics stop working when the gpu is installed? How can I reflash this card?

Best Answer

• Kendo13Kendo13 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Accepted Answer
    billsey said:
    And how did you solve it?
    The nVidia drivers showed up in windows update and after I re-installed the card, it worked. So I guess I didn't really solve anything!

FAQ & Answers

I solved it
  • billseybillsey ACE Posts: 19,701 Trailblazer
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
    Accepted Answer
    billsey said:
    The nVidia drivers showed up in windows update and after I re-installed the card, it worked. So I guess I didn't really solve anything!
  • EaswarEaswar Ally Posts: 3,982
    Kendo13,

Good to know thanks for your information.