Aspire T3-715 Is this the jumper & how jump it if it is?

Kuen
Kuen Member Posts: 190 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
edited October 2021 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

Is this the jumper and how to jump it if it is?

Is the item in the red circle on above photo THE JUMPER ??
At this location on the photo put out by Acer illustrates that is is 24 & 24 is CMOS Jumper.
The location is similar if not exact but the pictures appear different.

Answers

• Erick-Acer_Retired
    Erick-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 503 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    edited October 2021
    @Kuen
    Could you please tell me full model name of device 
  • Kuen
    @Kuen
    Could you please tell me full modern name of device 
    Thank you.

Do you mean the model of the machine?
    Acer Aspire T3-715

• Kuen

Yes..  It is a jumper.. 

You can clear cmos by using the jumper method or battery method. 

Kindly use the details on the link for reference.. 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000025368/processors.html

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Kuen
    Kuen

Yes..  It is a jumper.. 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000025368/processors.html

Thank you.

Which pins to make the jump, please ??
  • Kuen
    edited October 2021
    Kuen

Yes..  It is a jumper.. 

Thank you again.

It is a jumper, you said.  Does the letter "a" mean a kind or a type or a different make?
    In the past two weeks, I saw pictures of jumpers & watched videos of jumpers.  All what have learnt is that jumpers have three (3) pens, a jumper cap is on pins number 1 & 2, and move the cap, the jumper to 2 & 3, to make a jump.

Here on the board of my T3-715 the jumper, if they are the jumper, has four (4) pins.  How does one make the jump ??
    Which pins are the jumping pins ??
  • Kuen said:
    Kuen

Yes..  It is a jumper.. 

Thank you again.

It is a jumper, you said.  Does the letter "a" mean a kind or a type or a different make?
    In the past two weeks, I saw pictures of jumpers & watched videos of jumpers.  All what have learnt is that jumpers have three (3) pens, a jumper cap is on pins number 1 & 2, and move the cap, the jumper to 2 & 3, to make a jump.

Here on the board of my T3-715 the jumper, if they are the jumper, has four (4) pins.  How does one make the jump ??
    Which pins are the jumping pins ??
    Are you referring to this procedure?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Kuen
    edited October 2021
    To : egydiocoelho

Thank you.

Sorry. What you show me by the photo, the jumper is quite different from what is actually on the board of my acer t3-715.

Again, let me ask, please. If the unit as shown as the four (4) pins in the red circle on the photo I posted here IS THE JUMPER, please teach me how to jump it ???

Which out of the four pens are the pins to make the jump ???
  • @Kuen

If you are not comfortable in using the jumper method please try to use the battery method.    It is very simple.. 

Click on Steps to clear CMOS using the battery method on the link mentioned above..

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Are these the jumpers that clear the ME region of the bios and the cmos? Why do you want to clear the ME region and the bios cmos?

Watch this video from 4:28 am:
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Kuen
    Are these the jumpers that clear the ME region of the bios and the cmos? Why do you want to clear the ME region and the bios cmos?

Watch this video from 4:28 am:

Thank you and appreciate the Video.

1. The PC in the video is not the same as my PC.
    2. The build of the jumper is different.
    3. There is a jumper, the cap, on your jumper.

Thank you for your trying to help but . . . . 

• Can you upload a better quality photo of the jumpers?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Kuen
    @Kuen

If you are not comfortable in using the jumper method please try to use the battery method.    It is very simple.. 

Click on Steps to clear CMOS using the battery method on the link mentioned above..
    Thank you.

I have tried the battery method & tried it twice;
    The first time, disconnected everything & the power & pressed and held the button down for 3 minutes.
    The 2nd time, disconnected everything & the power & took CR2032 out of its socket for 8 minutes.
    I do not know the result since there was no anything different for me to see.
    This test was aimed the BIOS appears on monitor, but it did not.  The test did not make anything any different from the stuck situation.

• So, the bios isn't showing up on the display, right? Which hdmi port are you connecting the display to?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,439 Trailblazer
    Are you sure your motherboard is the original one for a T3-715? Here is the closeup from the service guide:

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Kuen
    THE JUMPER IS THE PAIR OF PINS CLOSER TO THE CMOS.
  • Why do you want to change jumpers?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,439 Trailblazer
    I believe the issue is @Kuen is seeing (in several threads here) four pins on the jumper marked CMOS1 on his system. Acer says there are only three pins, as is normal for a CMOS jumper. He is unsure how to do the CMOS reset since he can't move the jumper from pins 1&2 to pins 2&3. I think it likely he can just move to 3&4, but it's very possible he's looking at the wrong pins entirely, in which case we don't know what moving the jumper will do. Better safe than sorry...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.