Options
2»

Answers

• TanmayGangwar
    TanmayGangwar Member Posts: 80 Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited October 2021
    Options
    @GAMING6698

Hello again, i have reached out to the service center they have scheduled a visit but they always delay for whatever reason, so while i waited, i got this tool Hard disk sentinel to just check my hard disk health as i dont believe acer care center to be reliable as it always say health is good or scan failed. To my horror the tool said i have 4170 bad sectors on my HDD, and its health is 9% critical. also in the mean time i.e since my last post on the thread i suffered 2 BSOD's is it all maybe due to my hard disk failing ? i.e. the driver timeouts, BSOD's and now CSGO crashing sometimes while loading up matches at the part where it loads the map?

Here are some relevent SS showing the HDD health, The analysis of BSOD crashes by Whocrashed software and acer care center being unreliable. : 

As you can see i tried scanning the disk with Acer care center it completed still dont show result (See the difference in time of both the SS)

So is failing hard disk causing all this ? and will it be covered by my warranty? Thank you

Namaste,
    LIFE IS SHORT MAKE EVERYDAY COUNT 
    Always ready to help...
    IF i helped please click yes
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>>So is failing hard disk causing all this ? >>>

Likely. Try this.
    (1) Open the elevated command prompt. Enter "chkdsk C:   /x" without the quotes.
    (2) An error message should appear asking if you want to check the disk on the next boot. Click yes.
    (3) Then shut down Windows normally. Turn machine back on.
    (4) Chkdsk may run for several hours, then issue report.

Jack E/NJ

• TanmayGangwar
    edited October 2021
    Options
    JackE said:
    >>>So is failing hard disk causing all this ? >>>

Likely. Try this.
    (1) Open the elevated command prompt. Enter "chkdsk C:   /x" without the quotes.
    (2) An error message should appear asking if you want to check the disk on the next boot. Click yes.
    (3) Then shut down Windows normally. Turn machine back on.
    (4) Chkdsk may run for several hours, then issue report.
    Alright i performed the scan and repair it did not took hours, 5-10 minutes at most now i don't know if that's normal, The scan and repair was 100% successful for the Local Disk C. The system booted normally after the scan. Now Both Hard disk Sentinel and Crystal Disk Info softwares are showing that the number of bad sectors increased from 4170 to 4199 (but this has nothing to do with test as the number was already increasing when i checked it last time after writing the above post). So what should i do now ?

POI :- I did not run the scan on my other disk cause i dont think local disk D will help with anything as it only contain personal files and no softwares/drivers/windows files are stored on it.

Here are the Chkdsk logs which i pulled out from the event viewer (There are two logs as i ran the scan 2 times) as i am not well versed enough to draw my own conclusions from the logs.

Namaste,
    Always ready to help...
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Try disconnecting the battery, disconnecting the hard drive and the sata cable from the motherboard:
    Sometimes it might just be a connection failure.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • TanmayGangwar
    Options
    Try disconnecting the battery, disconnecting the hard drive and the sata cable from the motherboard:
    Hmm i need to check, as my laptop still under warranty if i will pop up the back cover and try manipulating with the internals, it may very well void my warranty.
    Namaste,
    Always ready to help...
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Hmm i need to check, as my laptop still under warranty if i will pop up the back cover and try manipulating with the internals, it may very well void my warranty.
    In what country do you live? Is there a warranty seal on the lower case?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • TanmayGangwar
    Options
    In what country do you live? Is there a warranty seal on the lower case?
    i live in India, and there is no warranty seal on the lower case as my laptop is reguralry serviced by acer technicians i.e. fan cleaning and thermal repastes.
    Namaste,
    Always ready to help...
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>Both Hard disk Sentinel and Crystal Disk Info softwares are showing that the number of bad sectors increased from 4170 to 4199>>> So what should i do now ?
    >>>my laptop is reguralry serviced by acer technicians>>>

The technicians should review symptoms and Sentinel & CDI results ASAP.

Jack E/NJ

• TanmayGangwar
    Options
    JackE said:
    >>>Both Hard disk Sentinel and Crystal Disk Info softwares are showing that the number of bad sectors increased from 4170 to 4199>>> So what should i do now ?
    >>>my laptop is reguralry serviced by acer technicians>>>

The technicians should review symptoms and Sentinel & CDI results ASAP.

@JackE
    So does that mean that i tried everything i could and now the technicians can only help? I lodged a complaint on 19/10/2021 and scheduled a visit by the technician but he/she have failed to show up i guess i will wait can contact them and try them to expedite their visit.

POI:- I have still not tried resetting my laptop i.e reinstalling the windows.

Also should i stop using my laptop? i.e. until the technicians arrive should i just keep it turned off and not use it ?

Update :- Bad sectors now currently sits at 4220, that means they are still increasing.

Namaste,
    Always ready to help...
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>Bad sectors now currently sits at 4220, that means they are still increasing.>>>

Yes, this will probably continue increasing at a faster pace until the Toshiba's own internal Smart error sensor issues a warning at boot time. Probably when the health criticality reaches 100% if it hasn't issued a warning already.

I think it's safe to continue using it for now. But it may occasionally cause issues when a sector goes bad that has data or system files that are being accessed. As long as there are good empty sectors (there are millions on a 1TB HDD), temporary repairs can be made by marking these sectors as bad by chkdsk or other disk tools. Sometimes this might result in data loss if all the data bits & bytes can't be moved from the bad to good sectors.

I think the Toshiba HDD should be replaced as soon as possible.

Jack E/NJ

• TanmayGangwar
    edited October 2021
    Options
    @JackE

Alright i will try to replace it as soon as possible once I talk to the technician probably upgrade it to an SSD but it is another matter.

There is one thing which is bugging me out, how does these bad sectors are affecting my system, i mean why it is causing AMD Driver timeouts? and causing BSOD's, because essentially the main issue i am facing and the sole reason i started this thread was due to AMD Driver timeout issues while playing games and being idle. I tried everything regarding that as you can see in the page 1 of the thread, followed the guide by the user gaming6698, did clean install of Drivers multiple times using both DDU and AMD clean up utility, tried the latest version of version drivers and the old WHQL version which are stable, tried running DISM and SFC scans still the issue is not resolved. Is this all connected with each other? or did we just discovered a new issue that is the HDD, and both the HDD issues and Driver timeouts issue are unrelated and need to be solve separately?
    Namaste,
    Always ready to help...
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>I mean why it is causing AMD Driver timeouts?>>>

Device drivers are software stored as bits and bytes that can be stored on HDD sectors. If these sectors go bad, the device drivers become corrupted. If ALL the driver bits and bytes can't be retrieved from the bad sectors and moved to good sectors, then the driver is hopelessly corrupted. Then you have no choice but to re-install the corrupted driver with a fresh copy. This should become worse as more and more sectors are damaged.

Jack E/NJ

• TanmayGangwar
    Options
    JackE said:
    >>>I mean why it is causing AMD Driver timeouts?>>>

Device drivers are software stored as bits and bytes that can be stored on HDD sectors. If these sectors go bad, the device drivers become corrupted. If ALL the driver bits and bytes can't be retrieved from the bad sectors and moved to good sectors, then the driver is hopelessly corrupted. Then you have no choice but to re-install the corrupted driver with a fresh copy. This should become worse as more and more sectors are damaged.
    so after re-installing driver multiple times, why the timeout errors still persists is it because the sectors are going bad at very fast pace?
    Namaste,
    Always ready to help...
  • JackE
    Options
    Yes, absolutely, if the re-installed driver is stored in sectors that go bad, Then the driver is corrupted. Then you have to re-install the driver again & again as sectors continue to go bad.

Jack E/NJ