acer C871T-C5YF Chromebook Touchscreen errors

Umitscaiden
Umitscaiden Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2021 in Chromebooks
we are having issues with the acer C871T-C5YF Chromebook

Preface: all devices have been power washed, hard reset, and updated to OS93 before testing is done. We are in communication with Acer directly, just curious if this issue has been seen by others. This issue is across 10% of our devices

What we originally believed to be a trackpad issue, was causing the mouse to behave erratically, "jittering" back and forth, opening and moving tabs, as well as clicking almost randomly across the screen. The issue did however seem to be along the top/corners of the device.

The trackpad did not end up being the issue, as testing shows it is the touchscreen giving the input, not the trackpad. We think this may be because of the Infocase hard clip-on cases we use. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    I have seen similar effects when twisting the display slightly on capacitive touch screens. I wouldn't be surprised to see it with a tight fitting hard case, if it's not quite the right size.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.