Windows 11 update Aspire T3-715A

tindog13
tindog13 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited October 2021 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
I have the Aspire T3-715A. The Windows 11 update tells me the CPU that came with the computer (i7-6700) isn't supported. Can anyone suggest a CPU that is compatible with my computer AND the Windows 11 update?

Answers

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    For Windows 11's recommended system requirements you need to have at least an 8th generation Intel Core processor (or the Pentium/Celeron equivalents from that generation) or AMD's Ryzen 2000 or later for an install. It needs to be a 64-bit chip this time around so that's why older generations are out the window.Sep 23, 2021
  • tindog13

Tinkerer

I was under the impression the 6700 is 64-bit, but I guess that's neither here nor there. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll look them up. I just have to decide if it's worth the cost and effort to upgrade the machine for the sake of Windows 11.
  • Larryodie
    You may need a TPM 2.0 Chip too. 
  • tindog13

Tinkerer

Their PC Health Check app greenlighted my computer for every category except the CPU model.
  • Larryodie
    Be careful as it may not be supported ?  Sorta confusing ? https://www.tomsguide.com/news/does-windows-11-require-tpm-20-we-have-good-news-and-bad-news

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,439 Trailblazer
    Yeah, the current iteration of Windows 11 pretty much needs to have an 8th gen or later CPU. An upgrade to a CPU generation usually means a new motherboard, CPU and memory. Just keep on using Windows 10 until such time as you are ready for a hardware upgrade.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.