Having Problems Fixing Driver Code 28 In Device Manager In Windows 11 On My Acer Aspire 5 Laptop.

Simon_k
Simon_k Member Posts: 3 New User
I've got an Acer Aspire 5 Laptop that I've done two complete clean installs of Windows 11 English International on, and I have been having a very frustrating time trying to fix some driver code 28 errors in Device Manager, I've tried all the usual methods to try an fix them with very little success, I have two devices listed in Device Manager that are generating a code 28 error, one is listed as PCI Device, and the other is listed as PCI Simple Communications Controller, I've tried looking on the Intel website for the drivers, tried using their Driver & Support Assistant, it reports that all drivers are working and up to date, even though I'm still getting two devices reporting a code 28 error.

Answers

• Simon_k
    Before I did the clean install of Windows 11, I ran the Microsoft PC Health Checker app on it, and it reported that my Acer Aspire 5 laptop met all the minimum requirements to run Windows 11.
  • Simon_k
    Still having major headaches trying to fix some Code 28 errors in Device Manager in Windows 11, Acer seriously need to update the drivers for Acer Aspire 5 A515-52G-55VZ Laptops, and release Windows 11 compatible drivers, like yesterday.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Did you get the W11 updated offered to you in Windows Update? Microsoft doesn't fully support the install until they are offering it for your model, usually because of driver issues that need to be addressed.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.