CPU's Compatible with predator G3-710, looking to upgrade my CPU

Lukaz2021
Lukaz2021 Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
edited January 2 in Predator Desktops
Hi,
I have a predator G3-710 and I am looking to upgrade my CPU to https://www.amazon.co.uk/Intel-i7-10700K-3-80GHz-LGA1200-Clock/dp/B0883P8CNM/ref=psdc_430515031_t1_B07HHN6KBZ
Would this CPU work with the Motherboard? here is the CPU-Z info on the motherboard.

[Edited the thread to  add  model  name to the title]

Best Answer

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
  • Lukaz2021
    Lukaz2021 Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    Hi,
    No, i7-10700k has different socket support, you can upgrade up to i7-7700 in my opinion.
    Intel® Product Specification Comparison
    UserBenchmark: Acer Predator G3-710 Compatible Components
    Thank you for your answer. Are there any other possible options not on that list? I'm looking for an 8 core processor rather than a quad core one.
    Thanks.
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    No problem, unfortunately, your motherboard may not have the support for 8 core CPUs, so i7-7700 is the limit.
  • ReallyRandy
    ReallyRandy Member Posts: 1 New User
    Unfortunately the i7-7700 isn't compatible with Windows 11. I already have the 3.6GHz i7-7700 w/32GB of RAM and a 1070 card and I'd like to move to Windows 11. Is there a guide to which processor I could go to?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Moving to W11 will require a CPU and chipset of at least 8th gen. That requires a motherboard change and likely also memory... Best to stick with W10 until you are ready for a full system upgrade.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Daniel88
    Daniel88 Member Posts: 3 New User
    billsey said:
    Moving to W11 will require a CPU and chipset of at least 8th gen. That requires a motherboard change and likely also memory... Best to stick with W10 until you are ready for a full system upgrade.
    Hey man, quick question. I also have a g2 with the 32g ram, 1070 and the i7 6700.
    Ive been wanting to upgrade on my case but I dont want to buy a new case. Is this case upgradable. As in, id like to replace the psu, mobo, gpu, cpu etc... this was my first pc and I would love to keep using the case
  • billsey
    By "I also have a g2" do you mean you also have a G3-710? :) The G3-710 uses a standard uATX motherboard, so you can pretty easily swap it out for any of the other smaller boards like that. The PSU is also a standard ATX, so there are lots of options there as well. I doubt you will run into any insurmountable issues with a full blown upgrade like that.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • cpab48
    cpab48 Member Posts: 1 New User

G'day,

I have Predator G3-710.

I have noted the answers on this thread in regard to Windows 11 upgrade for the G3-710 with i7-7700.

Here is a work around that may not have been available at the times this thread was first posted:

• billsey

Unfortunately those types of hacks aren't supported by Acer or Microsoft.