Is it possible to install fan on the side of the case - tc-885

RNGZeroX
RNGZeroX Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2021 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
So I have a tc-885 but the pc temp is way too high, so I want to ask is it possible to install some fan at here

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Answers

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @RNGZeroX

So you have a TC-885, and I have a TC-885-UA91. The PC case should be the same. You can add a 92mm PC case fan to the PC, there is another SYS_Fan header at the motherboard for that purpose. Are you a heavy gamer using a high wattage PSU and a powerful graphics card?

The picture you showed is the air intake vent, PC case fan slot is at the rear end of the PC, below the power supply.

Just how "way too high" is the PC temp? Is it just the CPU temp high or HDD/SSD temp also high? My PC temp is fine, but I do not consider myself a gamer. If temp is high, you may want to add a more powerful case fan there, but I doubt it will totally solve the problem. Repasting the CPU and/or upgrading CPU fan and heatsink will help too.
  • RNGZeroX
    edited October 2021
    @ttttt

For me, my CPU temp are high it's about 70-90 while gaming,sometime it goes 60-70 even I just open a chrome.Cause my PC don't have any fan, so I want some cooling for it
    And how many fan I can add or just 1?
  • ttttt
    @RNGZeroX

You should know that the TC-885 is designed as a general PC, not specifically for gaming, that is why it only has one slot for PC case fan. I suppose what you said about 70-90 is in C, not in F, right?

When you say "Cause my PC don't have any fan", I suppose you mean case fan, not meaning no CPU fan.

My suggestion:

Try a powerful case fan first. See how much improvement there.

By the way, if you go to the BIOS , and under the PC Health section, there is an option to Enable/Disable Smart Fan. If you disable smart fan, the CPU fan will run at full speed all the time, that should help the temp.
  • ttttt
    @RNGZeroX

You still have not answered whether you have powerful graphics card or high wattage PSU.
  • RNGZeroX
    edited October 2021
    @ttttt

I am using gtx 1650 and my PSU are 300watt
  • Danko13
    Danko13 Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited September 2022

@RHGZeroX

Did you manage to install a fan on this? I am having the same issue. If you did could you send over some photos of how you did it?

• If you want to upgrade the TC-885 (give us the exsact specs like what cpu, ram and psu your TC-885 has?) and you wangt to improve this desktop to be “some sort of a gaming rig?”. Then there are a few things that you can upgrade like,

1.   If you have an i5 cpu upgrade to an i7 cpu socket 1151,

2.   Upgrade the ram to this desktop's max capacity

3.   Upgrade the TC-885's OEM PSU 300W that can just power the GTX-1650 gpu

4.   If you want a better gpu you need to upgrade the OEM 300W PSU.

That is why your desktop with its current specs is stressed out and overheating with the games that you play and putting a case fan will do ZERO to reduce temps, as you might as well keep the side panels of your desktops case open, as that would be a 100% better cooling solution. To improve heat dispersion your cpu has to have a good cpu cooling system (like a Noctua that make cpu and case fans) and together with an efficient high end case cooling setup this combination will reduce your gaming temps and will upgrade your TC-885 into some sort of a gaming platform.