XV272UV Firmware update troubleshoot

Options
sleepyses
sleepyses Member Posts: 3 New User
Hello, I am trying to update the firmware for XV272UV that helps increase monitor brightness. The firmware is from here: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/8621?b=1

The installer doesn't seem to be able to detect the monitor I have connected so I am unable to update. I tried both HDMI and DP cables. The monitor shows up under device manager. Is there something I'm missing? XV272UV model does not have a USB port.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,941 Trailblazer
    Options
    Some XV272UV models have a USB hub built in. Does yours not have the USB Type-B port?
    FileUSB 20 and 30 connectorssvg

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • sleepyses
    Options

The backlight PWM setting inside the service menu allows me to increase the brightness past what the OSD has available but there doesn't seem to be a way for me to save that setting permanently. Without being able to get the firmware update, I am considering exchanging for one of the models with the USB port.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,941 Trailblazer
    Options
    Yeah, this is likely the main reason Acer doesn't distribute firmware updates for monitors. Typically the USB hub is completely disconnected from the display itself, but they have started shipping some with the USB integrated into the main board and in those cases an update is possible. Otherwise updates are all handled at the repair depots, where they have the special connection boards that allow updates.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • krrrrr
    krrrrr Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    sleepyses said:

The backlight PWM setting inside the service menu allows me to increase the brightness past what the OSD has available but there doesn't seem to be a way for me to save that setting permanently. Without being able to get the firmware update, I am considering exchanging for one of the models with the USB port.

do you have an update on how saving pwm settings in service menu ?
  • sleepyses
    Options
    krrrrr said:
    sleepyses said:

do you have an update on how saving pwm settings in service menu ?

I returned the XV272U and got a XV270U instead. I am very happy with the XV270U for my purposes. It has good colors, clearness and brightness.