XF270HU Onscreen Display Comes up without pressing any buttons

Options
xf270
xf270 Member Posts: 3 New User
Hello, purchased the monitor recertified in January 2019.  Recently it will randomly bring up the onscreen display menus and keep scrolling down.  This is without pressing any buttons.  It acts as though the down menu button is stuck.  Is this something a user could fix by opening the monitor?  I could not find any guides online on how to open up this model monitor.  Which makes me think opening the monitor should only be done by Acer pros.  Is the problem likely to be a part that can be ordered from Acer and replaced on the unit?  Or is the monitor now just garbage?

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    xf270,

To what device are you connected the monitor ?
  • xf270
    Options
    The problem has occurred when connected to a desktop Windows 10 PC (about 2 weeks ago) and also an Asus G17 Strix Scar laptop (earlier this week).  At the moment the Acer monitor is connected to the Asus laptop.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,956 Trailblazer
    Options
    You can try a can of air to try and blow out whatever might be holding the button down. Also inspect for any evidence of a spill or something that might leave it a bit gummy.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • xf270
    Options
    The button is not physically stuck but the onscreen display is acting like that.  Monitor is adult owned and has been taken care of with no spills whatsoever. 

Good news is that I did a settings reset a couple of days ago.  The problem has not happened since then, perhaps this was the solution.  It will take more time to test it to see if it continues to work properly.
  • billsey
    Options
    Please keep us informed...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • mochageico
    mochageico Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have this exact same issue, except I did a settings reset and it didn't work. When you mean settings reset though, you mean monitor settings right?
  • billsey
    Options
    Typically a settings reset is done from the OSD for monitors, not a reset of your GPU settings.